Supporting Two Teams?

I 'look out' for other teams results. My late stepdad was a big Stoke fan and for that reason I'll always try and stay up to date on their plight. But it isn't the same, feels more like "I'm happy for them" rather than happy myself.

Also, no offence to our followers overseas, but I've tried to "adopt" teams from other sports before, MLB, NFL... nothing compares to the emotional attachment that comes with your entire family and community supporting a club and having supported them as long as you can remember. There's something immensely tribal about growing up with that as part of your identity (and I'm not necessarily saying that's a positive thing).

I have '2nd teams' in cities abroad where I have lived and worked.

In the old days, there wasn't the same possibility of being able to follow City from abroad as there is now, so I tended to choose a local team and used to go and watch them whenever I could. I still look out for their results.

I only support City.

There’s a couple of other teams whose results I look out for; Barrow as they’re my dad‘s team, and Oxford as I went to lots of their games with my cousin who’s a season ticket holder while I was going through a shit time ages ago. But I’d always want City to smash either of them if we get them in a cup game!

I can't understand it. You pick your team as a kid, and you stick with it. It's a fairly simple philosophy.
At my kids football training tonight, out of about 30 children, three were wearing Al Nassr kits!

Not sure if they'll grow up supporting multiple teams, or just a string of players, but that definitely felt odd.

At my kids football training tonight, out of about 30 children, three were wearing Al Nassr kits!

Not sure if they'll grow up supporting multiple teams, or just a string of players, but that definitely felt odd.

To be fair, me and my mates would wear fucking anything when we were 6-10 years old. I had an old hand me down Arsenal 1996 shirt that I wore as pyjamas, didn't think anything of it. Certainly didn't support the fuckers.

I remember having friends with Barca, AC, Juve shirts... all the usual cartel.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.