Supporting Two Teams?

I think it is fine to have an interest in other teams butthe acid test is what happens if they play City. I have watched quite a few Cheltenham Town matches but when we played them in the cup a few years ago I was hoping for a 10-0 to City result.

Apart from City I have an affection for Doncaster Rovers, Sunderland, Hansa Rostock and Honved for diverse reasons.

On a related subject how do people feel about other CFG teams? I like to see them doing ok but cannot say I actively track their results.

I think it is fine to have an interest in other teams butthe acid test is what happens if they play City. I have watched quite a few Cheltenham Town matches but when we played them in the cup a few years ago I was hoping for a 10-0 to City result.

Apart from City I have an affection for Doncaster Rovers, Sunderland, Hansa Rostock and Honved for diverse reasons.

On a related subject how do people feel about other CFG teams? I like to see them doing ok but cannot say I actively track their results.
I want New York City to win the league much like I want Salford to win the rugby. I'd prefer it to anyone else but not really arsed. I keep half an eye on Girona but that's partly because of the City link and partly because I went to their ground for a badge and a few photos once when on holiday near there. The rest, I don't care about.

I can't imagine supporting another football team. I have soft spots for several teams, usually the local club in places I've lived and worked around the UK and Europe but it's never more than that, just a soft spot whose results I keep an eye on. It's always and only Chelsea.

I do support teams in other sports though.

Yes the worst fan of all is the turncoat. The lowest of the low. Known a few who changed from City to utd over the years. I bet they wished they hadn’t changed now.
A mate of mine changed from utd to us, and this was when we were shit back in the 80s.
He said it was because the sessions we had on away days was brilliant and there was a good mob of us from Heywood.
He is still a passionate blue today and has brought his lads up to be as well.

A mate of mine changed from utd to us, and this was when we were shit back in the 80s.
He said it was because the sessions we had on away days was brilliant and there was a good mob of us from Heywood.
He is still a passionate blue today and has brought his lads up to be as well.
I know a few reds did this too............they hated cockney reds, OOT reds and loved the stories we had on away days. They were blue for life after.

They thought we were mental and had so much more fun and "interesting" trips.

I was just about to accuse you of inventing that Cheltenham game. Was certain we’d never played them. Had a quick check before I embarrassed myself and saw it was in lockdown.

No recollection whatsoever. And it was only three years ago.

Whereas my previous post I’ve just made was vividly recalling what day of the week a 0-0 draw with Rotherham was played, 45 years ago.

To answer your other question, I personally feel no attachment to the City group’s other clubs than I do any other random foreign club.

I follow City as I was born a mile form MR and have had my season ticket 40 plus years.

I also follow Darlington FC as they became my second team as a kid when they sent me a load of programmes free of charge. Never grew out of it and would watch them whenever they played local and I couldnt get to City.

Obviously with the rise of TV games kick off times vary making it easier to watch both.

It works well for me. I am off to Darlington on Sat to watch them play then going to a pub for City at Bournemouth before getting the train home to Manchester.

Its a difficult thing to explain to people I appreciate and I often refer to myself as a 2 club wanker.

Its expensive as although I dont do many City aways nowadays ( I do quite a few Euro aways) running 2 season tickets along with donating to Darlingtons budget means I sacrifice some things.

What were your feelings when we played them in the cup the other year?

Yes the worst fan of all is the turncoat. The lowest of the low. Known a few who changed from City to utd over the years. I bet they wished they hadn’t changed now.

I knew a chap who was a huge Arsenal fan. We watched the 2006 CL final together and the bloke was nearly in tears. Lost touch with him after school and bumped into him in 2011 and he said he was a United fan then. We've kept in touch through social media over the years. He's a big Real Madrid fan these days. He was posting memes mocking Arsenal yesterday and I couldn't resist reminding him that some of us were old enough to remember when he was an Arsenal fan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.