Supporting Two Teams?

Is it possible to support two teams equally?

Whom would such people want to win, should their two clubs face each other?

I know a lot have a "second" team, whose results they keep an eye on. As far as I’m concerned, that’s Exeter City, as a mate used to play for them.

Many years ago, a lad I went to school with, a Spurs fan, couldn’t understand why I’d want City to beat Plymouth. I didn’t think to ask him, which team he’d want to win, if Argyle played Tottenham.

I’m asking, because I don’t believe that it is possible to support two teams equally, but others might say differently.
No and ANYONE who changes their team during their lifetime should be avoided at all costs, a sign of a weak, poor character without question.

No, not for us City fans but we support a 'big' even in the bad days top team and mostly if match goers live close enough.

I'd suggest someone in say Exeter who likes going to games would go to St. James Park but would also like to feel connected to TV football, not everyone has the money or available tickets to travel all over the country.

How strong the bond is between being there v TV is an individual thing.

Apparently you can have several - just turn the comments section on when you're watching a foreign stream - "Come on PSG" Charlie:- Liverpool, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich Bayer Leverkusen and PSG fan.

Exactly.
Unless your like this new form of fans??.
Who support a player
They annoy me to an extent that as Spock would say, isn't logical. We've had them on here as well. Remember the influx of Bosnians when Edin was here? And, to a lesser degree, Mahrez as well? Players come and go, the club is the constant.

Is it possible to support two teams equally?

Whom would such people want to win, should their two clubs face each other?

I know a lot have a "second" team, whose results they keep an eye on. As far as I’m concerned, that’s Exeter City, as a mate used to play for them.

Many years ago, a lad I went to school with, a Spurs fan, couldn’t understand why I’d want City to beat Plymouth. I didn’t think to ask him, which team he’d want to win, if Argyle played Tottenham.

I’m asking, because I don’t believe that it is possible to support two teams equally, but others might say differently.
I dont believe you can do it equally.
Ive supported City since the early 70s but having been brought up in Cardiff, i went to loads of Cardiff games when i couldnt get to City games. I still follow Cardiffs results & wish them well.
Whenever the two have played though im 100% behind City & all my friends know it.
I even took my life in my hands & celebrated then City player Trevor Francis scoring the winner in a Wales v England home nations game back in 1982 at Ninian Park.
My mates were amazed i didnt get battered that day in the bob bank ha

Has Wirral MCFC been on this thread yet?

I think he can give the definitive answer.

I was born in Plymouth and watched Argyle at Home Park as often as I could. As Plymouth was (and is again - it's complicated!) the largest town in England to never have been represented in the top flight, Argyle fans were permitted a glory team. I chose my glory team in the late 60's which led to a couple of fallow decades! I now live in Kent, have a City Seasoncard and still try to fit in a couple of pilgrimages with the Green Army when I can. City always takes priority. In the unlikely event of Argyle ascending to the Premier League, maybe I will lose my "Glory Team" privileges?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.