24 Patrick VIEIRA
25 Joe HART (GK)
28 Kolo TOURE
32 Carlos TEVEZ
33 Vincent KOMPANY)
34 Nigel DE JONG
39 Craig BELLAMY
42 YAYA TOURE
=24 (not including Balotelli and Kolarov)...not sure of the full rule concerning 25 however....if someone else has to drop out it would be ned, or viera in my opinion

(not sure if Im rght with the homegrown players numbers though????)

that to me is as strong a squad as we can have and we have creativity in abundance in that squad as well as players who can play in numerous positions if needed

Sell:

37 Gunnar NIELSEN (GK)
15 Javier GARRIDO
14 Roque SANTA CRUZ
29 Kelvin ETUHU
27 JO Silva
20 Felipe CAICEDO

Loan:

Boyata
Weiss

TonyM said:
My 25 are...

Gks: Given Hart Taylor
DFs: Luiz, Kolo, Lescott, Boateng, Kolarov, Richards, Bridge, Zabaletta
MFs: Yaya, Viera, Kompany, DeJong, Barry, Ireland, Milner
FWs: Silva, Tevez, Johnson, Bellamy, Adebayor, Dzeko, Caicedo

Assuming Balotelli isn't counted due to age.

So I'd sign Luiz, Milner, Dzeko, Balotelli and another couple of very promising kids (preferably English - which is a farce because these kids are better off in the championship playing rather than our reserves - stooopid foookin rooolz)

EDIT: I completely forgot about SWP. If I had to pick a player to leave out of the squad above it would be Ndj or Caicedo. I think I'd let Ndj go because we have Kompany in his place and a few young cms coming through like Ibrahim, Tutte and Kay but also because I have some faith in Caicedo. He's a big monster and we don't have anyone like that in the squad or in the academy. Coach him right and I hhink he'll be a very useful squad member. So bye bye Nigel. :-(

When did he sign?

1 Shay GIVEN (GK)
2 Micah RICHARDS
3 Wayne BRIDGE
5 Pablo ZABALETA
6 Michael JOHNSON
7 Stephen IRELAND
8 Shaun WRIGHT-PHILLIPS
9 Emmanuel ADEBAYOR
11 Adam JOHNSON (A. JOHNSON)
12 Stuart TAYLOR (GK)
17 Jerome BOATENG
18 Gareth BARRY
19 Joleon LESCOTT
21 David SILVA
24 Patrick VIEIRA
25 Joe HART (GK)
28 Kolo TOURE
32 Carlos TEVEZ
33 Vincent KOMPANY)
34 Nigel DE JONG
39 Craig BELLAMY
42 YAYA TOURE
* Kolarov

That's 23.

Sign Milner, and then pick one of Robinho, Santa Cruz, Jo and Caicedo to fill the last striker position.

Oh so simple.

ST Coleridge said:
1 Shay GIVEN (GK)
2 Micah RICHARDS
3 Wayne BRIDGE
5 Pablo ZABALETA
6 Michael JOHNSON
7 Stephen IRELAND
8 Shaun WRIGHT-PHILLIPS
9 Emmanuel ADEBAYOR
12 Stuart TAYLOR (GK)
17 Jerome BOATENG
18 Gareth BARRY
19 Joleon LESCOTT
21 David SILVA
24 Patrick VIEIRA
25 Joe HART (GK)
28 Kolo TOURE
32 Carlos TEVEZ
33 Vincent KOMPANY)
34 Nigel DE JONG
39 Craig BELLAMY
42 YAYA TOURE
* Kolarov

That's 23.

Sign Milner, and then pick one of Robinho, Santa Cruz, Jo and Caicedo to fill the last striker position.

Oh so simple.

You might have nailed it there...I imagine it won't look much different to that.

TonyM said:
My 25 are...

FWs: Silva, Tevez, Johnson, Bellamy, Adebayor, Dzeko, Caicedo
quote]

You'd have Caciedo ahead of Robby??!! Unfukin real!!!!<br /><br />-- Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:42 pm --<br /><br />You've all wriiten off Robby pretty much, Jesus i've never wanted a player to come back and make you all eat humble steaming shit as much ever before~!!

simon23 said:
1 Shay GIVEN (GK)
2 Micah RICHARDS
3 Wayne BRIDGE
4 Nedum ONUOHA
5 Pablo ZABALETA
6 Michael JOHNSON
7 Stephen IRELAND
8 Shaun WRIGHT-PHILLIPS
9 Emmanuel ADEBAYOR
10 ROBINHO
12 Stuart TAYLOR (GK)
17 Jerome BOATENG
18 Gareth BARRY
19 Joleon LESCOTT
21 David SILVA
24 Patrick VIEIRA
25 Joe HART (GK)
28 Kolo TOURE
32 Carlos TEVEZ
33 Vincent KOMPANY)
34 Nigel DE JONG
39 Craig BELLAMY
42 YAYA TOURE
=24 (not including Balotelli and Kolarov)...not sure of the full rule concerning 25 however....if someone else has to drop out it would be ned, or viera in my opinion

(not sure if Im rght with the homegrown players numbers though????)

that to me is as strong a squad as we can have and we have creativity in abundance in that squad as well as players who can play in numerous positions if needed

Sell:

37 Gunnar NIELSEN (GK)
15 Javier GARRIDO
14 Roque SANTA CRUZ
29 Kelvin ETUHU
27 JO Silva
20 Felipe CAICEDO

Loan:

Boyata
Weiss
Nielsen has already gone out on loan - Tranmere I think

BillyShears said:
ST Coleridge said:
1 Shay GIVEN (GK)
2 Micah RICHARDS
3 Wayne BRIDGE
5 Pablo ZABALETA
6 Michael JOHNSON
7 Stephen IRELAND
8 Shaun WRIGHT-PHILLIPS
9 Emmanuel ADEBAYOR
12 Stuart TAYLOR (GK)
17 Jerome BOATENG
18 Gareth BARRY
19 Joleon LESCOTT
21 David SILVA
24 Patrick VIEIRA
25 Joe HART (GK)
28 Kolo TOURE
32 Carlos TEVEZ
33 Vincent KOMPANY)
34 Nigel DE JONG
39 Craig BELLAMY
42 YAYA TOURE
* Kolarov

That's 23.

Oh so simple.

You might have nailed it there...I imagine it won't look much different to that.

Okay people, don't believe what you read in the papers about their needing to be 10 or more players cut. Just more rag journalism trying to sensationalize anything City related.

We have already released Benjani, Sylvinho & Martin Petrov and sold Valeri Bojinov, which makes 4 along with another 5 or 6 to go as you'll see below. From the OS, we have 39 players counting recent signing Kolarov listed and they are:

Goalkeepers (5)

David Gonzales, Shay Given, Joe Hart, Gunnar Nielsen, Stuart Taylor

Defenders (13)

Dedryck Boyata, Greg Cunningham, Javan Vidal, Jerome Boateng, Joleon Lescott, Wayne Bridge, Javier Garrido, Shaleum Logan, Nedum Onuoha, Micah Richards, Kolo Toure, Pablo Zabaleta, Aleksandar Kolarov

Midfielders (13)

Abdisalam Ibrahim, Adam Johnson, David Silva, Gareth Barry, Patrick Vieira, Yaya Toure, Nigel de Jong, Kelvin Etuhu, Stephen Ireland, Michael Johnson, Vincent Kompany, Vladimir Weiss, Shaun Wright-Phillips,

Strikers (8)

Emmanuel Adebayor, Craig Bellamy, Felipe Caicedo, Jô, Alex Tchuimeni-Nimely, Robinho, Roque Santa Cruz, Carlos Tevez

There are 6 Under 21s in that 39 which are:

Dedryck Boyata, Greg Cunningham, Abdisalam Ibrahim, Vladimir Weiss, Alex Tchuimeni-Nimely, Javan Vidal

That leaves 33 players of which 8 have to go.

Gunnar Nielsen is out on loan to Tranmere:

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2010/July/Gunnar-gets-new-deal-and-a-loan

So that knocks it down 32 players of which 7 have to go. Michael Johnson won't be registered for the 1st half of the season as he is not fit to play for the beginning of the season which takes it down to 31, of which 6 have to go.

However, Mancini is quoted in the following articles as saying they have 30 players and need to get down to 25 and that Robinho does not want to come back.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2010/0726/1224275468190.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...oor-Manchester-City-boss-Roberto-Mancini.html

That would mean that since they consider Robinho a gonner, they only have 5 players left to clear out. The players that are likely to be sold or loaned to make up the 5 outgoing names are:

1 GK likely to be David Gonzales since they recently resigned Taylor

2 DFs Shaleum Logan, Javier Garrido (already being linked with Lazio)

1 MF Kelvin Etuhu (could be serving a prison sentence anyway - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10612866)

1 of 2 STs Felipe Caicedo or Jo

That leaves a 25 man roster of:

Goalkeepers (3)

Shay Given, Joe Hart, Stuart Taylor

Defenders (8)

Jerome Boateng, Joleon Lescott, Wayne Bridge, Nedum Onuoha, Micah Richards, Kolo Toure, Pablo Zabaleta, Aleksandar Kolarov

Midfielders (9)

Adam Johnson, David Silva, Gareth Barry, Patrick Vieira, Yaya Toure, Nigel de Jong, Stephen Ireland, Vincent Kompany, Shaun Wright-Phillips

Strikers (5)

Emmanuel Adebayor, Craig Bellamy, Roque Santa Cruz, Carlos Tevez, Caceido/Jo

Balotelli could added to the squad as an under 21 for the premier league but would need to bump a player out of the team to be registered for Europa league play from what I gather. People keep blending the Under 21 rule and the homegrown rule to say that Under 21s need to be homegrown, which they do not for the premier league.

The Europa League has slightly different rules for the Under 21s which state, a player may be registered on List B if he is born on or after 1 January 1989 and has been eligible to play for the club concerned for any uninterrupted period of two years since his 15th birthday by the time he is registered with UEFA. Players aged 16 may be registered on List B if they have been registered with the participating club for the previous two years without interruption.

If we were to sign Milner, which is looking unlikely at this point, then a player from the above 25 would have to be moved. Same for each new successive signing.

I don't think either Bellamy or Ireland will be moved on unless it is their choice to leave. Also, note that the player positions are as the OS designates them, not as they have played or may play, such as Kompany at CB.

Also, for those that think this rule is to benefit the big 4 clubs, you'd be wide of the mark. This rule affects those clubs worse than us according to these articles.

http://www.soccerticketsonline.com/new-premier-league-squad-rules/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...eague-squad-rule-big-earners-sitting-out.html

Mind you on the flip side, this article downplays the significance of the impact to the rosters of top clubs in the EPL.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=810540&sec=england&root=england&cc=5901

Either way, I'd rather have too many players and need to cull, rather than have to few and need to pay inflated asking prices for these new "home grown" players.

I think the squad not inc Korlaov is 40 players ?

The half a dozen players hold true.....providing we dont sign anyone else. We are likely to sign Milner, Super Mario and quote possibly one other.

They are also saying Robinho is comming back so you are up to 10. At least 10 will have to be sold, loaned out or wont be able to play like I said.

Considering the wages and fees we paid for some of these players its going to be no mean feat shifting alomost a full team of pros in a month considering no one has any more - except us of course...

Balotelli could added to the squad as an under 21 for the premier league but would need to bump a player out of the team to be registered for Europa league play from what I gather.

Hes not english or welsh OR been with a english or welsh club for 3 years under 21. SO he will count towards our 25 squad players. That is my understanding.

alera said:

The half a dozen players hold true.....providing we dont sign anyone else. We are likely to sign Milner, Super Mario and quote possibly one other.

They are also saying Robinho is comming back so you are up to 10. At least 10 will have to be sold, loaned out or wont be able to play like I said.

Considering the wages and fees we paid for some of these players its going to be no mean feat shifting alomost a full team of pros in a month considering no one has any more - except us of course...

Balotelli could added to the squad as an under 21 for the premier league but would need to bump a player out of the team to be registered for Europa league play from what I gather.

Hes not english or welsh OR been with a english or welsh club for 3 years under 21. SO he will count towards our 25 squad players. That is my understanding.

Again, a massive confusion of the player registration rules. For Balotelli, the premier league rules have no special conditions attached to Under 21 registrations, or at least none that I can find. There seems to be a mass confusion between the rule for homegrown (3 years at a Welsh or English club before the age of 21) and the Under 21 rule (a player needs to be 20 or younger on 1/1/1989 for the 2010/2011 season). Thefore Balotelli, would be classed an under 21 and not require one of the 25 roster spots, similar to Gabriel Obertan for United who would be classed as an under 21 even though United bought him last year. Once Balotelli turns 21 in the 2012/2013 season he would need to occupy a roster spot of the 17 foreigners as he wouldn't be classed as 'home grown'.

The UEFA rules on Under 21s is pretty clear about the player needing to have been registered with the club for 2 years, so in this case, Balotelli would need to be registered among the 17 foreign players in the club because he doesn't qualify as 'home grown' or as an Under 21 having not been registered at the club for at least 2 years prior to entering the UEFA competition.

To summarize:

EPL:
Squad: 25 players
Foreign: 17 players
Home Grown: 8 players

Unlimited number of Under 21s (defined as who is 20 years old or younger on January 1st, 1989 for the 2010/2011 season regardless of nationality).

UEFA:
Home Grown: 8 players (4 that are association trained like Bridge + 4 that are "club" trained like Richards or Ireland)

Unlimited number of Under 21s may be registered on List B as long as they are born on or after 1 January 1989 and have been eligible to play for the club concerned for any uninterrupted period of two years since their 15th birthday by the time they are registered with UEFA.

macmanson said:
alera said:

Again, a massive confusion of the player registration rules. For Balotelli, the premier league rules have no special conditions attached to Under 21 registrations, or at least none that I can find. There seems to be a mass confusion between the rule for homegrown (3 years at a Welsh or English club before the age of 21) and the Under 21 rule (a player needs to be 20 or younger on 1/1/1989 for the 2010/2011 season). Thefore Balotelli, would be classed an under 21 and not require one of the 25 roster spots, similar to Gabriel Obertan for United who would be classed as an under 21 even though United bought him last year. Once Balotelli turns 21 he would need to occupy a roster spot of the 17 foreigners as he wouldn't be classed as 'home grown'.

The UEFA rules on Under 21s is pretty clear about the player needing to have been registered with the club for 2 years, so in this case, Balotelli would need to be registered among the 17 foreign players in the club because he doesn't qualify as 'home grown' or as an Under 21 having not been registered at the club for at least 2 years prior to entering the UEFA competition.

To summarize:

EPL:
Home Grown: 8 players

Unlimited number of Under 21s (defined as who is 20 years old or younger on January 1st, 1989 for the 2010/2011 season regardless of nationality).

UEFA:
Home Grown: 8 players (4 that are association trained like Bridge + 4 that are "club" trained like Richards or Ireland)

Unlimited number of Under 21s may be registered on List B as long as they are born on or after 1 January 1989 and have been eligible to play for the club concerned for any uninterrupted period of two years since their 15th birthday by the time they are registered with UEFA.

Top post mate.

Thats the way I read it too.. but im no lawyer so ffs who knows if its true or not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.