Surprisingly Good Films

Anybody else seen The Smurfs film? Smurfs are blue and white and hold a 'Blue Moon' festival! Closet city fans or what?

bluegonads said:
first film i saw on c4 was called 'walter'
about some mental pigeons i think.
quite enjoyed it.
That was the very first night of Channel 4.
Walter was a 'special needs' old boy, played by Ian McKellen. His even older mum died and he kept her body in bed for months with pigeons shitting on her

skyblue78 said:
Anybody else seen The Smurfs film? Smurfs are blue and white and hold a 'Blue Moon' festival! Closet city fans or what?
I've seen it, and fucking loved it.

A film I watched recently and enjoyed was Annie Hall. Wouldn't normally vouch for a romantic comedy, but I couldn't take my eyes off it, great film. Since I got a Netflix account I seem to be watching random films I wouldn't normally bother with, and enjoying them.

The Machinest with Christopher Bale
Shelock Holmes with Robert Downey Jnr

and watched Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy last night, awful

Paul Lake's Left Knee said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
markyboyblue said:
I've just watched the clip and defo gona have to watch this, looks really good. I like Matthew Vaughn as he did Layer Cake which was top. Keep an eye out for a film called Fish Tank (if you havent seen it already) Fassbender is in that too and he plays a really good character and it's a gritty british film.

Fassbender is definitely a rising star.

Fassbender played Bobby Sands in Hunger - about the H block hunger strike, i knew then he was destined for great things, the scene with him and the priest (that makes me want to smoke) is one of the longest single takes in any film and is very powerful... he must have lost a lot of weight for that, an awesome performance that is often overlooked by a lot of English people due to its subject matter

As for films i loved that i didnt expect to recently... Girl with the dragon tattoo, Rise of the planet of the apes... i dont usually like remakes, these were excellent though

Good shout that mate.

LongsightM13 said:
bluegonads said:
first film i saw on c4 was called 'walter'
about some mental pigeons i think.
quite enjoyed it.
That was the very first night of Channel 4.
Walter was a 'special needs' old boy, played by Ian McKellen. His even older mum died and he kept her body in bed for months with pigeons shitting on her

yea thats right!
i couldnt remember the plot, just that i enjoyed it.
cant beat a bit of scat eh?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.