Sven Goran Eriksson diagnosed with terminal cancer

Terrible news. I hope that his last few months will be peaceful and as pain-free as is possible in the circumstances.

I was relatively ambivalent towards him when he was managing England, but developed a strong affection for him when he was in charge at our place. Just shows you the difference when you observe someone from close quarters rather than relying on the dubious picture painted by the self-important and self-interested Fleet Street football hacks.

I thought also that he did a fine job with us and was sorry to see Thaksin sack him. I regretted it all the more in retrospect, as IMO he'd have been an excellent fit as the first manager for the ADUG project at MCFC, whereas I thought his successor Mark Hughes really wasn't.

We don’t need no Phil scolari
We don’t need mourinho…
Hey! Thaksin! Leave our Sven alone!

Absolute class act

Helped us restore pride over that lot and the summer we signed Geovanni, Elano, Bojinov, Bianchi, etc will always be one of my favourites

Sad news. Thoughts are with him and his family.

He gave us that belief back after the years under Pearce, made us believe that we could be one of the teams on the periphery of the European places that could mix it with the best every now and then.

Extremely sorry to have read this today - my thoughts are with him and his family. A hideous illness which takes many far too early including many of my old military mates #fuckcancer

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.