Sven Goran Eriksson diagnosed with terminal cancer

Was in hospital a few years ago and a Swede was in opposite bed who had just been to see the Rags play

Decent lad and laughed when I said watching United would make me sick
Some of my best mates live in Stockholm, they’re proper genuine, polite and caring people with a dark sense of humour. They will quite easily twist your arm into having 6 pints when you only go for one as well

I remember his first game, the West Ham away game when he had brought in bianchi, bojinov, elano, petrov, giovanni amongst others. Pre game none of us had a clue who they were. Then suddenly, just like previous seasons, we are all chanting what the fuck is going on. But this time in gobsmacked awe of our team performing brilliantly which seemed to come from nowhere. Thanks Sven and also for the 5-1 v Germany!

I remember his first game, the West Ham away game when he had brought in bianchi, bojinov, elano, petrov, giovanni amongst others. Pre game none of us had a clue who they were. Then suddenly, just like previous seasons, we are all chanting what the fuck is going on. But this time in gobsmacked awe of our team performing brilliantly which seemed to come from nowhere. Thanks Sven and also for the 5-1 v Germany!

I met him in an English Pub in Cascais, Portugal a few years after he'd managed us. Went over and had a chat with him, didn't get a photo as my phone had ran out of battery.
He was an absolute gent. Sad to hear this.

In many ways he is like Malcolm Allison, liked a good time with the ladies and did not take himself too seriously.

A good bloke, I hope his last days are as pain free as possible.

Was his first game for us in this country Doncaster at the new keepmoat Stadium? Went that game, was so excited that someone of his calibre was going to manage us, beat United home and away, lovely bloke and didn't he get to do Ulrika...legend...

Sven was always a very affable, likeable guy.
I never rated him much as a manager, but, sfw; he did OK for us, and that first match at West Ham away was absolutely unbelievable, as we chanted "What the fuck is going on!?" I was with my 3 lads and we hoped it was a new dawn for City - took a little while longer but our journey was starting. We weren't too happy with him at Middlesbrough, come the 8-1 final game of the season though!
I join everyone else wishing him all the very best of every possible thing in his final months.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.