Sven Goran Eriksson diagnosed with terminal cancer

It would be disappointing if the club didn't at least acknowledge him in some way. He was treated appallingly by the previous regime and he did a good job with us. Another season with Pearce or a similarly mediocre manager could have seen us relegated in 2008 and no takeover.

He had no professional association with Liverpool and yet they have done this for him. I hate that lot and you can be cynical and say it's good PR but if our club just chose to completely ignore him I would be disgusted.

Sven's Scouse 4-2 Ajax
Cisse, Torres, El-Zhar, and Vignal scoring for the Swede

I hope he has really enjoyed the experience, I'm glad to see all the messages he's received from the old England boys. Please, please Khaldoon if you are reading the threads like we know you do, organise something so we can give Sven a send-off too.

He could lead a City Legends team, maybe we can play Sampdoria, Lazio, or Goteborg. Personally I am fond of @Gone for a Burton's suggestion above that he could lead us in one last Derby, build it into the end of season festivities. If he wants to attend any league games, give him executive seats, or let him sit pitchside with Pep, Juanma, and Carlos. Invite him into the dressing room, imagine how much of a boost it would be for everyone.

It would be disappointing if the club didn't at least acknowledge him in some way. He was treated appallingly by the previous regime and he did a good job with us. Another season with Pearce or a similarly mediocre manager could have seen us relegated in 2008 and no takeover.

He had no professional association with Liverpool and yet they have done this for him. I hate that lot and you can be cynical and say it's good PR but if our club just chose to completely ignore him I would be disgusted.

There's plenty of things you can criticise Liverpool for, but this isn't one of them, credit to them for doing that for Sven. I wish City had done something like this.

There's plenty of things you can criticise Liverpool for, but this isn't one of them, credit to them for doing that for Sven. I wish City had done something like this.
As someone said earlier, will be a disgrace if we do nothing for Sven at this moment in time.

I remember one of the last games at Maine Rd Uwe Rosler had been diagnosed with Cancer and his chant was belted out around the stadium despite him leaving us at least half a decade prior. I doubt if half the crowd at the Etihad even know Sven managed us, not a single mention from the club or chant from the crowd since this awful news broke. " Sven Goran Eriksson, Seven Goran Eriksson" a small gesture would mean so much.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.