Sven Goran Eriksson | Passes away from cancer aged 76 (p 32)

That team he managed with the likes of Elano, Martin Petrov, Geovanni and Michael Johnson really felt like the turning point for our club although I know there were some dark times ahead with the Thaksin debacle it felt like we we actually had a team that could do something.

I was in the away end when Bianchi put in that first goal at West Ham, never seen him play before that but my god he may as well have been prime Aguero in my eyes on that day haha!

Sven has a place in the hearts of many City fans I know and so there is a great sense of sadness about the news and I hope his final days/ months are as painless and care free as possible.

That team he managed with the likes of Elano, Martin Petrov, Geovanni and Michael Johnson really felt like the turning point for our club although I know there were some dark times ahead with the Thaksin debacle it felt like we we actually had a team that could do something.

I was in the away end when Bianchi put in that first goal at West Ham, never seen him play before that but my god he may as well have been prime Aguero in my eyes on that day haha!

Sven has a place in the hearts of many City fans I know and so there is a great sense of sadness about the news and I hope his final days/ months are as painless and care free as possible.
Well said.

Which is why I'm still angry at the dippers using him for PR.

Well said.

No point being angry about something that Sven wanted and brought him joy pal. It was his wish/desire to “manage” the scousers at Anfield, just be happy for him he got to live his “dream” if only for a day.

I was at Sven’s first and last games managing City, worlds apart in entertainment and enjoyment but his season in charge will always be remembered fondly by me especially taking into account how abysmal the football had been leading up to his appointment.

Well said.

He always said he wanted to manage liverpool and they gave him the chance too for one game, I'm sure he was very grateful for it. No point being bitter about it be glad it made sven smile he looked very happy, it was a wish of his.

Last edited:
He's one of my idols in the sense of getting women. He got quite a few.

Hope he's enjoying his final months as well as possible, and making the most of life.

I always wonder how we would've done under the new ownership with Sven as manager if Doctor Death hadn't pulled the trigger a few months prior. I just feel with Sven still in situ we'd have been challenging for top 4 pretty much straight away - after all, he had us in and around the top 4 for a lot of the 2007/08 season - whereas the near 18 months under Hughes felt like they were largely wasted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.