Sven Goran Eriksson | Passes away from cancer aged 76 (p 32)

So sad to hear this.
His one season had a real feel good factor about it. I also know there was a totally relaxed feeling inside the club at the time, coupled with thaksin being at the top, it was a crazy year.

I hope youre battle is a peaceful one sven, the lowry bar fly

Gutted for him. All round Nice guy and an excellent manager. I remember being excited but those summer signings on his appointment, and that season didn't dissapoint at first, great to see Elano and Petrov ripping it up. Best wishes Sven.

Dear me
This is awful news
Come on Sven
Sending love to him and all his Family
One day, we will beat this vile thing into Submission .

I'm sorry to read this. I like Sven. I met him in Karlstad a couple of times, a mates Dad was good friends with him from school, and he was as you'd expect, polite, funny and charming.

As far as the cancer goes, there is hope. It obviously depends on what cancer he has been diagnosed with, but new drugs are being developed all the time. 14 months ago I was told I had 6 months to live. Thanks to immunotherapy I'm still here and still functioning fine.

I wish him well.

Sad news.
Sven was excellent for us and a total contrast in every way compared to his predecessor.
Comes across as a totally decent man with a great life in football.
Seems to be these sad times every 5 minutes at the moment.

Absolutely gutting news.

Yes, okay, the real turnaround didn't fully get under way until Mansour's billions came along, but Sven brought the feel-good factor back to City after years of dismal football under Pearce (and the end of Keegan's reign). We were 3rd just before Christmas and never dropped into the bottom half throughout the whole season.

He assembled an entirely new team in less than a month and got it playing cracking stuff at times, and then he went to Old Trafford and did the impossible. As a kid I never thought I'd ever see City win at Old Trafford but he went and did it - that was the start of things finally shifting in Manchester. I'll always think of him fondly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.