Sven Goran Eriksson | Passes away from cancer aged 76 (p 32)

Really sad news. Loved Sven's time with us. It was a joyous and entertaining time. Hope when the time comes its peaceful.

My first wife was Swedish and i spent a fair amount of time there. Beautiful country and as an Englishman in a small town found the people really polite and kind (obviously a small sample doesn't reflect an entire nation but its all i have to go on). My in-laws loved football, had their Swedish clubs but tended to follow teams abroad too. A ranked Swede took me to play tennis, not sure that i managed to hit back any of his serves but it was fun for us both. Went cross country skiing where my wife of the time regularly apologized to people and explained that i was English and they all smiled. ( Separated on good terms and have a gorgeous wife and kids )

It was such an exciting time when he was in charge. Came to the club with his little black book of class players no-one had ever heard of and that season was brilliant.

Hope he can make the most of the time he has left.

Our first 'continental' manager, played a short but very welcome part in changing the narrative of the club. Best wishes to him and his loved ones.

Enjoyed his time with us, was a gentleman and there was just a general good feeling around the club post-Pearce. I wish him all the best, very sad news.

He was a shite manager for England and ourselves , but he is an inoffensive guy and i wouldnt wish this dispicable disease on anyone , just hope the remainder of his days are relatively pain free and he enjoys what time he has left , time to put together the bucket list

So sad.

Was a great season under him, especially the first half. If we'd had the money he could have changed things in the second half of the season and got us into the CL.

It was such an exciting time when he was in charge. Came to the club with his little black book of class players no-one had ever heard of and that season was brilliant.

Hope he can make the most of the time he has left.
That says it all. He gave us some hope when there was very little. Managed us with class and dignity when it turned out that all was not going well behind the scenes.
Thaksin should have listened to us and left our Sven alone.

Very bad news indeed. That man gave us a glimmer of hope for a while and behaved with immense dignity at our club. Really liked him at City, still like him, terrible to hear, and hope he makes the most of how long he has got. Not forgetting he gave us our first win at the swamp and double over the rags in decades.
Privileged to meet Sven once. I was at the Radisson Hotel in town at a conference. When he heard I was a City fan he insisted I joined his table with his family. We talked football for several hours and he was total class. His passion for football and for City was huge. His teams were a joy to watch. Sad to hear about his illness.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.