Swans v Man City Pre Match Thread 1/1/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
ianw16 said:
Silva really needs a kick up the arse for getting that yellow v Palace.
You wouldn't say that if Palace had scored from the potential attack losing us 2 points. I forgive El Magico's will to win and prey we can win without him today.

BillyShears said:
OB1 said:
BillyShears said:
My heart sank when I saw the team.

We need an early goal.

Dzeko is a match winner ;-)

TV fixture today ... I expect him to turn it on ... ;)

Seriously though, De Guzman, Canas, Shelvey ... Yaya is going to need to put in a big performance.

We need a win today - from here on out it's money time in the league.

My heart sank on seeing the team as well. Liverpool, Southampton and Swansea are the 3 sides you'd should always match numerically in midfield away from home. We've been over this dozens of times but Ya Ya is just not built for shuttle running based defensive duty in a 4-4-2 against a good passing team. I'd even prefer Garcia in a midfield 5 than this selection. Hope we can get something out of this but I'm not unduly optimistic

Dont like the selection.

Relies very heavily on Navas and Kolarov having blinding games on the flanks and firing in lots of crosses for the big guys up top.

I expect Swansea to have a lot of the ball and us to use a 'counter' system employing the above tactic.

I also dont like the bench as there are no game changers on there.

I trust MP knows more about footy than me though ;)

I called this selection earler...really not a surprise to me.

When we start 4-5-1 we look tootless up front...and rarely get a lead.

Last time Dzeko and Negredo started together we were 2:0 up at the half...but subs came in late.

Pelle trying to get a goal or two early - and then sub one of them (Dzeko probably) out.

Better than chasing the score later on IMO.

I like it.

Don't see a problem with this, we need to beat teams like Swansea so he has picked a team to do it today. Come on blues don't be so negative.

Exeter Blue I am here said:
BillyShears said:
OB1 said:
Dzeko is a match winner ;-)

TV fixture today ... I expect him to turn it on ... ;)

Seriously though, De Guzman, Canas, Shelvey ... Yaya is going to need to put in a big performance.

We need a win today - from here on out it's money time in the league.

My heart sank on seeing the team as well. Liverpool, Southampton and Swansea are the 3 sides you'd should always match numerically in midfield away from home. We've been over this dozens of times but Ya Ya is just not built for shuttle running based defensive duty in a 4-4-2 against a good passing team. I'd even prefer Garcia in a midfield 5 than this selection. Hope we can get something out of this but I'm not unduly optimistic

TBF, you rarely are.

Happy New Year

Right, I'm sure some of you will bash me on here for saying this, especially when things are going so well, but...

I can't begin to explain how gutted I am with the lack of faith shown in youth at City. We have no strikers on the bench, I don't understand why we can't just bring a youth striker with us. We've had Guidetti on the bench a couple of times recently (finally!!), yet when the game was safe we didn't even give him a 10 minute run out.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's frustrated by this, I'd love to see us bring some great home grown players through, If chelsea, utd, barca, bayern, etc etc can all bring youth through, and give them a fair crack then I just don't understand why we don't, and I don't believe it's because the youth aren't good enough, we have some really good youngsters. I thought maybe it was just Bob who didn't want to use them, and I thought Peller's would... sadly not.

Anyway, come on City, 3 points today. Big game!

(Boyata doesn't count as youth, he's 23 - but, I was also gutted when he got taken off the other day, he was having a great game at right back)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.