Swansea fans

Thanks very much for your words and both myself and my friends enjoyed the whole day. Thanks once again to those of you who took the time and trouble to respond to my questions posted last week.

There is a lot of urban myth and folk-lore regarding the derivation of the term 'Swansea Jack' - there is a famous dog of that name - and indeed a pub in the City named after this dog. However most people would say it's from the 19th century when Swansea were reknowned for their sailors.

Best of luck for the rest of the season...no true Swans fan would sing 'Where were you when you were shit' by the way. bit of pot kettle black etc.

JackOnTour said:
Thanks very much for your words and both myself and my friends enjoyed the whole day. Thanks once again to those of you who took the time and trouble to respond to my questions posted last week.

There is a lot of urban myth and folk-lore regarding the derivation of the term 'Swansea Jack' - there is a famous dog of that name - and indeed a pub in the City named after this dog. However most people would say it's from the 19th century when Swansea were reknowned for their sailors.

Best of luck for the rest of the season...no true Swans fan would sing 'Where were you when you were shit' by the way. bit of pot kettle black etc.
Cheers for that. I hope you can stay up, but I do have my fears for you. You played some nice stuff during that first 25 minutes (were probably the better team at that point!). However, you never really looked like scoring. And when we eventually put our arses into gear, we were able to get through your defence alarmingly easily, particularly down the wings. You will have to tighten up considerably back there. That being said, losing to the likes of us, the vermin, Dipperpool, Arsenal, Chelsea etc etc will not send you down. You need to get regular points against the likes of Wigan, Blackburn, Norwich, Sunderland etc. Good luck for the battle ahead.

lloydie said:
Manchester la la la la said:
Phleeper said:
I've heard Cardiff sing the same song ages ago. Must be a Welsh thing. The Rosie Webster song was corking.

Men of Harlech is a welsh military song. Its not just Cardiff who sing it or own the 'rights' to sing it.

My great, great uncle wrote this song.
What, in the late 18th century?

As for "Hymns and Arias" being "traditional", I suppose Max Boyce (who wrote it 40 years ago) is already a Welsh tradition.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgBzt2q_ta8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgBzt2q_ta8</a>

any trouble with this firm ?

1_barry_conlon said:
come_as_you_are said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgBzt2q_ta8

No, as they gave the elderly,disabled,women and children a wide berth. You should take a leaf out of their book!

hahahaha

ahh yes that old chestnut

you do love pushing your myths dont you ? ALL mancs support city bla bla bla nasty rags always beat up women and tip kids out of their wheelchairs !

iv not missed a derby game at city for 11 years now. and i can safely say iv never witnessed any of this.

but if someone types it on a football forum then surely its gotta be true aint it ? like fixers car crash etc

come_as_you_are said:
1_barry_conlon said:
come_as_you_are said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgBzt2q_ta8

No, as they gave the elderly,disabled,women and children a wide berth. You should take a leaf out of their book!

hahahaha

you do love pushing your myths dont you ? ALL mancs support city bla bla bla nasty rags always beat up women and tip kids out of their wheelchairs !

iv not missed a derby game at city for 11 years now. and i can safely say iv never witnessed any of this.

but if someone types it on a football forum then surely its gotta be true aint it ? like fixers car crash etc

As you are clearly one of United top lads, surely you were on Wembley Way after the semi?

And if you were, surely you couldn't have missed the might red army intimidating and attacking scarfers and families?

Or were you still watching it on the big telly down at the Dog and Duck in some backwater hicksville...

I would suggest you refer to your latest copy of Red Issue for a suitably witty response.

Soulboy said:
come_as_you_are said:
1_barry_conlon said:

hahahaha

As you are clearly one of United top lads, surely you were on Wembley Way after the semi?

And if you were, surely you couldn't have missed the might red army intimidating and attacking scarfers and families?

Or were you still watching it on the big telly down at the Dog and Duck in some backwater hicksville...

I would suggest you refer to your latest copy of Red Issue for a suitably witty response.

have you ever been to old trafford or maine road when football violence was in its full swing ?

do you want to go on record now and say city have never ever done any bullying before when it comes to this kind of thing ?

im not a hooligan at all but i know for a fact that city and rangers lads locked themselves in a pub so they couldnt let all the nasty (cockney, irish, kent, surrey etc etc) rags in.

stop hiding behind bullshit

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.