Swansea - Post match thread

3 years older than the guy up front. Not sure age matters really.

Completely different players and positions.

At 1-0 today Merlin is through and has an absolute age to get a shot off but he doesn't, he dithers and it gets blocked and thats from a seasoned Spanish international and probably the most revered players we have ever had. Criticise him and you will get pelters on here yet its open season on a 22 year old who does score, who does create, who does win penalties for the side and who will go on to be brilliant for us.

We won, he was integral in that win, especially first half when alongside Sane and Jesus with Yaya and Merlin pulling the strings we where almost unplayable.

Silva and Sterling missed too many chances today, Silva could've scored 2 and Sterling was a headless chicken at times today. Frustrating when we know how good they can be.

What chance did Sterling miss? He had one shot for goodness sake.

Seem we have the recurring ability to lose the initiative when seemingly in total control. Never got anything going in the second half as Sane, Sterling and Jesus became increasingly peripheral figures. Anyway we got there in the end and got our rewards for keeping on fighting. Not sure whether it was Swansea getting better or we just relaxed and came out flat in the second half. First half a lot of excellent football - only thing missing was the end product. Fernadinho is no right back that's for sure. Pep maybe too slow with his changes as Swansea grew into the game. De Bruyne not at it today. Priority for next season is a new LB as Clichy not good enough. Jesus always sharp and on the spot to get us the 3 points.

On the subject of Sterling, I wasn't impressed with him shitting out of that challenge on the edge of their box.

No he didn't. He said he was unable to see the shot due to players in the way. He couldn't answer on whether it was Silva or not.
Bollocks, you tarquin.
Merlin was not in the fucking way of the fucking ball. Whinger fucking started that fucking narrative for self-justification, and yer sanctimonious lot followed suit accordingly.
Meanwhile today was a swan interfering Willy's view.

On the subject of Sterling, I wasn't impressed with him shitting out of that challenge on the edge of their box.

No, but he probably felt he would have got a 2nd yellow and you could hardly blame him with Dean bang on form today.

The types of ball a fb will play aren't the same as a centre mid... Maybe I'm being a little overly critical, he just looked uncomfortable to me!!!

He looked wrong, all over the place.

But it was hist first game in a while, I wouldn't completely discard the idea yet.

Bollocks, you tarquin.
Merlin was not in the fucking way of the fucking ball. Whinger fucking started that fucking narrative for self-justification, and yer sanctimonious lot followed suit accordingly.
Meanwhile today was a swan interfering Willy's view.

Leave it out the pair of you please.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.