Sweet Soul Music (Do you like good music)

Incidentally, haven't checked the whole 54 pages of this excellent thread, but if nobody's put up the Bob and Marcia version of “Young, Gifted and Black” then that is negligence that amounts to a crime against humanity. I loved that song when I first heard it on the radio, and I still do. It has all the hope, all the spirit, all the innocence of the times in it. And although it's by a black woman, directed to black people, I, a white middle-class 16-year-old fresh out of school, felt it was for me too.
What a fine bloody summer that was… “Give Me Just A Little More Time” and “Young, Gifted and Black” both out?

(Just realised that I've previously posted on this. No matter. Always worth cheerleading for this one.)
Cracking tune. I liked that song back as a 12 yr old too. However, as a lover of the Motown sound and its derivatives, I wouldn’t have thought it as ‘Soul’ to be honest. I always considered Reggae as a different genre. I never really liked reggae on the whole.

One of my all time faves but should be in the Northern soul thread
Yes I know what you mean ,it could have have gone in either thread, I first heard it at my local youth club, the DJ was a Twisted wheel regular and played brilliant music that I later learned to be Northern soul.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.