Swindon cup tickets on sale tomorrow.

It might not be a problem for all you local yokels in Wiltshire because you don't have the expense of traveling across the country by road or rail.
I accept that being an elite club,City are always going to be a top draw for lower league sides but those prices are stupid.
Whatever happened to the "twenty's plenty" slogan.
Or has that message not reached the carrot crunchers yet!!
This carrot cruncher lives in Salford. And although I haven't lived in Wiltshire for many years, I don't recall travel by road and rail to, for example, Barrow was free so we also have the expense of getting round the country, albeit not in the same numbers as you lot!

Last edited:
This carrot cruncher lives in Salford. And although I haven't lived in Wiltshire for many, I don't recall travel by road and rail to, for example, Barrow was free so we also have the expense of getting round the country, albeit not in the same numbers as you lot!
And I reiterate once again, that the prices being charged by Swindon Town for an early FA Cup match are way over the top.
Robbing Southern carrot crunchers.!!

And I reiterate once again, that the prices being charged by Swindon Town for an early FA Cup match are way over the top.
Robbing Southern carrot crunchers.!!
So do you reiterate that fans of lower league clubs do not travel round the country to watch their side?

It is a bit rich but it's to be entirely expected. I'll willingly pay £30 for my ticket when it's the same price as I'd pay to go watch wolves park 11 men behind the ball against us, or united.

So do you reiterate that fans of lower league clubs do not travel round the country to watch their side?
You mentioned Barrow in an earlier post,who are also a 4th division side.
If Swindon drew them at home in the 3rd round of the FA Cup do you think that it would be £30 a ticket.
No chance, it would be a tenner or £15 at most. Otherwise the ground would be empty.
It annoys me that smaller teams take advantage of City fans.

Ok it isn't cheap but at least you're supporting teams lower down the pyramid,,, the gap in funding between the prem and lower down the pyramid is ridiculous - focus your anger on charging 50 quid to see norwich or whatever the prices are in the prem

I think they are actually called ‘Moonrakers’ tbf, not carrot crunchers, if you want to insult them correctly
Don't want to risk being a bore but moonrakers applies to people of Devizes. It's an old story about the Crammer, a large pond in the town. You can keep the carrot crunchers insult up your sleeve until you draw Yeovil in the cup (and probably get wet there as well).

You mentioned Barrow in an earlier post,who are also a 4th division side.
If Swindon drew them at home in the 3rd round of the FA Cup do you think that it would be £30 a ticket.
No chance, it would be a tenner or £15 at most. Otherwise the ground would be empty.
It annoys me that smaller teams take advantage of City fans.
I mentioned Barrow because we played them on Saturday and 600 made the trip but not on your mythical free transport. And the last time I looked, Barrow weren't champions league finalists or premier league winners.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.