Swindon cup tickets on sale tomorrow.

Robbing Southern twats.
£30 for a 3rd round FA Cup game.
They are taking advantage of City fans loyalty and the fact that City are a big draw for a 4th division club.
If the game was at The Etihad it would be £10/15 max.
The same happened at Preston in the Carabao Cup a couple of seasons ago.
don't blame them .

It might not be a problem for all you local yokels in Wiltshire because you don't have the expense of traveling across the country by road or rail.
I accept that being an elite club,City are always going to be a top draw for lower league sides but those prices are stupid.
Whatever happened to the "twenty's plenty" slogan.
Or has that message not reached the carrot crunchers yet!!
stop digging mate , you are wrong on this one..

I mentioned Barrow because we played them on Saturday and 600 made the trip but not on your mythical free transport. And the last time I looked, Barrow weren't champions league finalists or premier leagu

stop digging mate , you are wrong on this one..
Bill, we have hundreds of posts on how expensive Premier League match day tickets are nowadays.
So it is a nice bonus to get cheaper tickets for FA Cup and Carabao Cup games (and some group stage Champions League games).
But these lower league sides expect us to fork out stupid prices for early round FA Cup games.
We are never going to get ticket prices under control if we pay these stupid prices.
As I said earlier - " Twenty's plenty".
All Premier League away tickets are capped at £30, and these involve top class PL teams.
And these jokers expect us to pay the same to watch a 4th division side of hoofers and cloggers.
Absolutely crazy!!

And these jokers expect us to pay the same to watch a 4th division side of hoofers and cloggers.
Absolutely crazy!!
I totally agree with prices being too high and I sometimes resent paying £23 to watch Swindon but that's the way it is now. Tickets for the Damned were £70 so I didn't go.

If you are unhappy with £30 can I respectfully suggest that you don't open you wallet and watch it on TV, although you will miss out on a good welcome in Wiltshire.

You mentioned Barrow in an earlier post,who are also a 4th division side.
If Swindon drew them at home in the 3rd round of the FA Cup do you think that it would be £30 a ticket.
No chance, it would be a tenner or £15 at most. Otherwise the ground would be empty.
It annoys me that smaller teams take advantage of City fans.
we would never had guessed !

It isn't making money out of City fans, as the majority there will be Swindon fans who could be paying even more.

Clearly charging £10/15 at home in a 54k stadium is needed to get near full for a league 2 visit, but Swindon are having the current league leaders an champions visit and only have 12k tickets and no doubt they will fly out the door.

We charged £40+ for a third round game as fans got excited 10 years ago.

Although they are probably not the most loved side on this forum, it only costs £10 for a seat at Salford if you're an old fucker. Perhaps that's too much for a team of cloggers?

I think 30 quid is a fair price for a cup tie such as this. You can’t begrudge Swindon trying to make a bit of money especially after what lower league clubs have been through the last few years. Nice that they are on the tv and will make some money that could be the difference between a club staying in business or being in complete disarray.

if tickets are still available i would love to go along and watch this one and wouldn’t think that the admission is punchy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.