Swindon Town (A) - FA Cup 3rd Round | Post Match Thread

Not sure how true this is, but we’re hearing you have waived your share of the gate receipts from last night and, possibly, the TV money also. If true, what a classy gesture. Even if it’s not the whole ‘thing’ surrounding the match was terrific from your club, players and fans. Great to have none of the Billy Big Bollocks.
No idea if it's true or not, City don't tend to use stuff like that as PR so do it on the quite.

Hate this sentiment, fuels the City have no history bollocks.

We've always been 1 of the best supported Clubs in the Country with periods of success throughout our history.

We are not a lower league Club, we just happened to spend a season in Division 3 (in old money).

Does it fuck. So what if we only spent a few seasons in the lower divisions, it’s still not a City thing to do to call other smaller clubs tin pot. We were playing teams like Swindon 23 years ago, just because we’re the best team in the land doesn’t mean we should talk about them like they’re nothing.

Was enjoying the commentary until I thought I heard Matterface explain to McCoist that Swindon was home to Englands oldest public library. I think Chethams might have something to say about that. So stop this petty arguing about how many fa cups there have been and let burn down Swindon trying to steal our history.

Like Swindon good decent team, really like Palmer shame whole evening was ruined by the library thing.
Any game with Twatterface doing the commentary is ruined.

I cannot stand the useless fucker.

Yes.his finest game was when we battered Leeds utd 4nil at Maine rd ..he was clattering into challenges on Strachan and McAllister etc in centre mid.
Think we beat Leeds 4nil two seasons on the trot,one of those games we didnt really want to win,as utd and leeds were neck and neck for the title...pre match all Blues were secretly hoping Leeds won....so we go and smash em 4nil.
Bittersweet.
Typical Maine rd City.
Back in the day.
Thanks for that. So remember that Leeds game came off not knowing whether to laugh or cry. All's well that ends well, we had a fantastic win and Leeds won the title, guaranteeing City where the last side to bring the football league championship to Manchester .

The way palmer took that goal was something you can’t teach a mature pro about calmness . That has to come from within.
and that shot in at top bin off the post ,that’s some angle to shoot .
A lot of his goals go in the same spot, knowing where it's going and actually stopping it seem very different things though. Very Mahrez like.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.