Swindon Town (A) - FA Cup 3rd Round | Post Match Thread

Didn't stop them booing some of our players when they were on the ball.
I thought that was a bit small time.
Nah…..more like pantomime, they had a young crowd who’d finished school/work & got on the pop, I’ve booed dozens of teams (along with many thousands of others) at the Etihad, especially the rags & dips, and most weren’t even as good as us, never mind 70 places below in the football pyramid

Does it fuck. So what if we only spent a few seasons in the lower divisions, it’s still not a City thing to do to call other smaller clubs tin pot. We were playing teams like Swindon 23 years ago, just because we’re the best team in the land doesn’t mean we should talk about them like they’re nothing.

Totally agree, Clubs like Swindon are what makes football in this country so fascinating and makes the FA Cup the tournament it is. Of course their not going to have the infrastructure we have, to deride them for that is pretty poor.

I absolutely loved last night but then I did bother to get their early, did not expect a club like Swindon to have a raft of fan liaison officers and as it was a full house fully expected the odd glitch along the way.

Yes.his finest game was when we battered Leeds utd 4nil at Maine rd ..he was clattering into challenges on Strachan and McAllister etc in centre mid.
Think we beat Leeds 4nil two seasons on the trot,one of those games we didnt really want to win,as utd and leeds were neck and neck for the title...pre match all Blues were secretly hoping Leeds won....so we go and smash em 4nil.
Bittersweet.
Typical Maine rd City.
Back in the day.

I remember him getting an ‘assist’ with a flying tackle at Notts Forest. The ball went about 25 metres straight to the striker. It was like a pass KDB would have been proud of.

After our second goal I had to stop watching for a while and took to doing the washing up (in full match gear including scarf) chanting to myself, Come on City, come on City even though I KNEW deep down that there was no chance of a comeback from Swindon but there is still, as you say, that teeniest niggle until we are approaching 85 minutes and we are 1-4 up!! I did go back about 15 minutes later and then after half time (why not during I wonder) I brewed up so missed a few more minutes.

Will we ever escape that haunting feeling? :-)
An understandable set of ‘Cityitis’ symptoms. Had some myself and self medicated with a good bottle of wine .
Much worse was the acute attack at the Boxing Day Leicester match for 10 minutes or so, that fortunately resolved by the time we left the stadium.
It’s a chronic condition I’m afraid.

Not sure how true this is, but we’re hearing you have waived your share of the gate receipts from last night and, possibly, the TV money also. If true, what a classy gesture. Even if it’s not the whole ‘thing’ surrounding the match was terrific from your club, players and fans. Great to have none of the Billy Big Bollocks.
Met loads of your fans last night in the pub (the Savoy). They were great. I shocked one of them by asking him which two English clubs won European trophies in 1970? He knew that Swindon had won the Anglo Italian cup by beating Juventus and then Napoli! But he didn't know that City had won the European Cup Winners' Cup the same season! We were in there till 1am. You can't beat an FA Cup away trip.

Just watched the interview with palmer real good interview by palmer but what got me that’s the wanker interviewer trying to set a narrative about game time! These scum always like to push some negative against our top young players when Foden now is proof that the way Pep does it is the right way. Gets on my tits because you know if that was a 19 year old rag or scouse players they wouldn’t be pushing that line whatsoever.

Not sure how true this is, but we’re hearing you have waived your share of the gate receipts from last night and, possibly, the TV money also. If true, what a classy gesture. Even if it’s not the whole ‘thing’ surrounding the match was terrific from your club, players and fans. Great to have none of the Billy Big Bollocks.
That is strictly forbidden and could get city kicked out if true.

Therefore I assume it is complete and utter bollocks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.