SWP- A Defence

It's not so much a case of anyone having a go at SWP , more a case of the player needing to 'come alive' on a more regular basis ...... he didn't do himself justice at Villa , and hasn't done in one or two other games either.

He need to realise that he's in a Chelsea-type' situation again , and one where he needs to constantly 'up the ante' , like Bellamys doing , to keep his place ........ he'll only have himself to blame should Petrov get into the side , and Bellamys moved acorss to the right.

I like SWP , but it's up to him to keep his place , and keep his form!

Can't argue with any of that, he has been decent this season - he was just poor against Villa.

As for the people saying Weiss should replace him in the starting line-up, that's ridiculous - but Weiss should make more appearances off the bench, he needs to gain experience.

If he was in such good form then why is a players like David Beckham and Aaron Lennon playing ahead of him for England? I know the latter has played well but if he was equalling that then surely he'd get ahead of a player who is being given appearances for the sake of breaking records rather than his actual influence on the field. With the greatest of respect I would rather trust a fully qualified manager who is working wonders with England than a poster on bluemoon personally.

I love SWP.
Always have always will, the facts are that he is currently not playing at his best.
He has contributed to the team this season and has played well in some games, in the last 2 however he has struggled somewhat to perform to his usual standards.
I dont agree with getting on his back but he is under performing. In the past we have not had enough strength in depth to worry about it, SWP would be one of the first names on the sheet. Now we have the quality that can replace him, for me he would be on the bench at the moment.

Good post mate. Most of the people slagging him though are the ones that are trying to fit all the new players in the team just because they're bigger names, even if it means putting Tevez on the right wing ffs (and other stupid ideas), I'm glad it's Hughes in charge and not some of these idiots.

When he runs at players, it's one of the most exciting things to watch but just because he won't beat his man everytime (usually getting kicked), people think he's shit, also it seems like people want a team of Given and 10 strikers, the defensive work SWP does is probably the best from any winger in the prem and you need some balance in your team.

Not to mention, he'd run through brick walls for City, clearly loves the fans and the club, a legend in the making, I think some people need to open there eyes.

Grand Master Ram Rod said:
Good post mate. Most of the people slagging him though are the ones that are trying to fit all the new players in the team just because they're bigger names, even if it means putting Tevez on the right wing ffs (and other stupid ideas), I'm glad it's Hughes in charge and not some of these idiots.

When he runs at players, it's one of the most exciting things to watch but just because he won't beat his man everytime (usually getting kicked), people think he's shit, also it seems like people want a team of Given and 10 strikers, the defensive work SWP does is probably the best from any winger in the prem and you need some balance in your team.

Not to mention, he'd run through brick walls for City, clearly loves the fans and the club, a legend in the making, I think some people need to open there eyes.

Fully agree pal, enough said on this matter i think..............

hold on............whats that I hear.........the tapping of keyboards of more negative city fans

give me strength...........

What I find strange is that SWP has been a more effective player on the right than bellamy has been on the left yet bellers is praised as a contender for world player of the year and SWP needs to fuck off to stockport.

TMQ put it perfectly yesterday, a lot of the people slagging the lad off must sit and watch the football move around the park like a kitten watching a ball of yarn, oblivious to what is actually going on off the ball.

SWP and Bellamy on the other side are HUGE reasons why we are doing so well off the bat this season, they work their fucking arses off, provide great cover down the flanks and get forward superbly to reinforce our attacking play and take the pressure of the defence. I'm not saying competition for the RW berth shouldnt be brought in at some point, but the results speak for themselves, we are doing better than fine FFS.

The lad doesn't need to be defended, the boo boys just need to widen their field of vision, thats all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.