SWP- A Defence

I like SWP , but he'd be the first to hold his hands up and say that his form has been a bit 'patchy' this season ...... that's why Lennon has often recently been preferred to him in the England side ...... Shaun DOES get through a lot of work granted , and is quality on his day , but his delivery is often poor , and he does misplace passes frequently.

He has to realise that this is not the City he left ... like at Chelsea , there are some real gifted players here now ......... there is no hiding place whilst players like Petrov and Weiss are 'chomping at the bit' for first team wing roles ....... SWP needs to stay focused ..... only that will keep him in the first team , and win him back his England place.

More mature? I think not he still gives the ball away when trying to play a simple 10 yard pass.He still picks the wrong option at times like he always did.The main difference now is he has lost that little spark he had when it comes to goin past people.Which I am hping is down to a lack of confidence,because in the second half you could clearly see his confidence was shot to pieces.

Grand Master Ram Rod said:
Not to mention, he'd run through brick walls for City.

Unless Chelsea come in with a better offer.

He has been a good squad player and I think he has been the subject of some harsh treatment and dodgy refereeing. Even so he has not desereved some of the flack thrown in his direction.

But to say he would run through through brick walls for city is going a but too far.

Redmond6 said:
i've been very perturbed recently to see people having a go at SWP for his performances, last year his homecoming when it appeared we had no cash was treated like a gift from the gods, now we have cash, we treat him like a pariah. his performances now are more reasoned, more mature and a reflection of his time spent at Chelsea, playing in a team that wins things. he's a far more accomplished player for leaving, people keep saying he runs into blind alley's -i beg to differ, he draws 2 or 3 people to him and very rarely gets support on the outside so it's a safe ball inside. It's up to our right backs to use the space he creates.

Let's deal in facts for this season alone

who set up Ade after 3 mins of the season leaving the defender on his arse?
who set up Ade for the 3rd V the arse?
who scored the 4th v the arse?
who broke the deadlock v palace?
who spent most of the derby covering micah's oversized arse and ego? then when he did get the chance to attack ran at them like he meant it? and drew bookings for Vidic and Evra?
if you can bear to look at pic of the little scouse sewer rat in the 96th min, take a look at the only blue shirt making an attempt.
he started the move for Bellers v villa the other night.

it seems we as City fans, always like to have a whipping boy and a lot of the time they are home grown-Power, Edghill, ireland now sweep. we love them more but we also forgive them less.

i read someone say they already rated Weiss better than him-are you on drugs? Vladi will be a king, but anyone who saw the fulham game knows he's not yet ready to start a game and is a very promising player.

i've spent 37 years waiting for hope, we have got it and a team to match and we are still moaning.

right, i feel better for that.

I love it when people moan about "moaning city fans" and in the same breath moan about one of our own! (confusing right!)
I'm not defending Richards, certainly not after the derby, but you can't have a go at people to criticising SWP and in the same breath have a huge dig at another of our own! The fact of the matter is that we are passionate about our club and all have the right to discuss and even criticise our own - certainly on an internet forum - just as long as we don't get on their backs too much when at the game.

There have been some interesting replies to the OP and SWP's movement has always been a strength and has improved since his time at Chelsea. However, it's fair to say that he has probably given the ball away too much this season, by his own high standards. With a fully fit squad, on current form, you can't leave Bellers out, so SWP's starting spot is precarious.

All we can hope is that, when all fully fit (or 'if' maybe) is that Hughes can pick the team and formation that is appropriate for each particular game - with or without SWP. Hughes hasn't had that luxury yet really, and it will be interesting to see if he can do it - here's hoping!!!

No point defending him, he is in our top 3 performers so far this season as he has already saved the club once.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.