swp well done son

McNair9 said:
Imo, overall i thought he didn't played that well at all. Give his all by all means but the one thing that bugs me the most is that he is too predictable. He NEVER cuts in onto his left, or even uses his left, always pushes onto his right.

Agree McN. There were instances when I remarked that two or three seasons ago he would have outsprinted the fullback, he would have pinged the shot in by the near post. He seems to have either lost the very attributes that made him the player he was or he's been given instructions to consider other things(?).

He started off well but seemed to fade as the game went on.

The only issue I have with the lad is that he should try and cut in on his left now and again. All too often he stays on the right and left-sided defenders have him where they want him - on their strongest side.

I just feel for a club looking at regular C.L football we should be looking at players who aren't so predictable.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
better match than johnson who did fck all other than one moment of brilliance
I disagree,however,even if your assesment is correct,i think the fact he is capable and often does produce a moment of brilliance confirms who offers the greater value to the team.

FantasyIreland said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
better match than johnson who did fck all other than one moment of brilliance
I disagree,however,even if your assesment is correct,i think the fact he is capable and often does produce a moment of brilliance confirms who offers the greater value to the team.

Dont get me wrong I like Johnson but I also think swp is a decent player to have in the squad and on the bench.

I've had a pop at Sweep for lack of effort previously; to be fair to him, I thought that side of his game last night couldn't be criticised, but like other posters, I got immensely frustrated by the lack of end product. I know that many of us have loved to watch him give his all for City over the years, but I neither think him capable of sustaining the work rate or producing the necessary quality any more.

Time to move on in January Shaunny and good luck for the future lad.

Thought he put a fair shift in last night. He does not seem to be the player he was in the past though. There was a time when he always had a goal in him....maybe it's a confidence thing.

Funnily enough, Graham Taylor was waxing lyrical on channel 5 during the match about what a great player he is.

The SWP who left for Chelsea would more than likely have coped with the rapid improvement of this team,sadly the current version often looks completely out of sorts.As others have said the bad decision making and lack of any end product is now sadly part and parcel of his game.Johnson,had he not scored was hardly any more effective imho.

SWP showed some glimpses of his past, given a run of games maybe he'd do himself justice, but for some time now he's been running into tackles, losing possession and producing little. It's got to be better for him to move on and play regularly, would love it if he hung on for the rest of the season and won something with us before he goes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.