Syl Distin

hjm1962

Hope we give him a good shout, He was a good soldier for us
big ups to him, still playing top flite @ 37
mans a monster.......much slower now ofcourse

Was a quality player for us, can't remember if he left us on bad term's or not, but can't blame him really let's face it we weren't pulling up tree's at the time, where as Portsmouth were a decent side. wow what last few years. .

He left at the end of his contract.

Lured to Pompey by the fortune Catflapp Snr. was offering, no doubt.

His partnership with Richard Dunne was the main reason we didn't go down in those days.

Yeh, he left just before Frank took over and said in his first interview that he'd heard rumours of the takeover but 'Pompey was a fantastic opportunity for him and that he couldn't afford to wait around' for the takeover confirmation and to see what was being planned for us.

This was another one of our club's low points for me because even Pompey were viewed as a more attractive proposition. David James, Andrew Cole also left and from what I remember wasn't Dunne on the verge of signing for The Twitch before he had a last minute change of heart?

From what I recall he left at the end of his contract, the pompey badge kissing to our fans was in retaliation for taunts of one greedy B**tard. Great player for us we would not have been in a position to be looked at never mind taken over if it was not for the likes of him Dunny and dare I say it Barton!

Could have been our MDM over the last 4/5 years adding depth and experience. Very good player, always gets a warm reception from me

Can't really blame a player for retaliating to boos and "one greedy bastard" chants that were a bit unneeded. He left when his contract was up to go to a club looking to win trophies rather than avoid relegation or finish mid table. Just like the Villa boos for Barry and Milner I found it a bit of a sad bastard thing to do.

He'd get a clap from me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.