Syl Distin

He did make a knob of himself when kissing the Portsmouth badge in front of the North Stand on his first return but overall he was a solid and dependable player who gave 100% every game.

Had plenty of time for Sylvain. Think he was was a bit underrated because he just got on with the job without needing to be the centre of attention.

He did make a knob of himself when kissing the Portsmouth badge in front of the North Stand on his first return but overall he was a solid and dependable player who gave 100% every game.
He got some totally unwarranted abuse that day, which was disgraceful. He saw out his contract and no one could give him any assurances about the club's future. At the time we were skint and rudderless so you can't blame him for going to a club that seemed to be on the up and he won something there. I'm pretty sure he'd have stayed if we'd have had something to offer him. Had he stayed and been here for the ADUG takeover a year later then I doubt we'd have needed Lescott.

Swear he fucked us off for more money at Pompey, then kissed the badge towards our fans. Could be wrong though.

Utter bollocks. He fucked us off cos we were going nowhere and his contract was up. He was 29 and didn't want to see his career fizzle to nothing so gambled. He won the fa cup which was more than we looked like winning at the time. I still think if we'd have given him the player of the year award he deserved it might have swung it and he'd stayed, but too many piss pot city fans were stuck way too far up dunney fat arse to give sylvain any credit.

The time he supposedly pointed to his pompey badge he was actually pointing to his heart, because he was gutted at the dogs abuse the south stand were giving him. Abuse he didn't warrant.

Top man. Very good player who could have served us well post takeover. Hope he finally gets the reception he deserves today

Was a great player for us, he along with Dunne and James were key to us consolidating our place in the prem again. Will definitely clap him

He got some totally unwarranted abuse that day, which was disgraceful. He saw out his contract and no one could give him any assurances about the club's future. At the time we were skint and rudderless so you can't blame him for going to a club that seemed to be on the up and he won something there. I'm pretty sure he'd have stayed if we'd have had something to offer him. Had he stayed and been here for the ADUG takeover a year later then I doubt we'd have needed Lescott.
Spot on.

He got abuse from the SS /SE corner last time, thumped this chest as a act to show city were in his heart and then the 'not rights' decided he 'kissed the badge' and gave him more abuse. A myth no one has any proof of, just people like to believe anything they an use against a former star.

He was a true pro until the end.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.