Tablet advice required

shevtheblue said:
Haha. Im an android fanboy, even i recognise thats nonsense.
It's not nonsense at all.

In all form factors iOS devices are outperformed by phones/tablets that are both superior in terms of hardware specification and software functionality. That amazing Do Not Disturb function that Apple keep advertising on TV? Well it doesn't work properly on iOS (it doesn't turn off sometimes) and I've had it on Android for years. Every version is at least a generation behind the competition.

As for what I said about their declining market share, well just look at the numbers. Their market share in smart phones is now around half that of Samsung. They are also no longer the largest tablet vendor having been passed by Google, with Samsung and Amazon on the verge of doing so too.

It's a dated and overpriced ecosystem and it's going the way all their products end up going. Why do you think they had to be bailed out after Steve Jobs left the first time around? Because without Jobs' sales pitches people realised that they could actually get better for cheaper. "16:9 screens are wrong, 4:3 screens are the future... 16:9 screens are wrong, 4:3 screens are the future... 16:9 screens are wrong, 4:3 screens are the future... Look at the new iPhone with it's amazing, innovative 16:9 screen!"

I'm on my second ipad 2 in a year. The home button packs up. It is a known fault. Apple's replacement policy is second to none but it is nevertheless a design fault. Apple also refuse to implement EU law regarding warranties, only offering a 1 year warranty.

How is Apple's replacement policy second to none? At any point in the next two years I can take my Samsung phone into any branch of the retailer who sold it to me, a retailer with substantially more branches than Apple, and get a new one on the spot or send it back to Samsung and get a new one shipped to me. That said, I've never actually needed to do so because over the four years I've had Samsung phones to date none have ever broken.

shevtheblue said:
Irwell said:
SWP's back said:
iPad 2 has never let me down.
My old Nokia 3310 never let me down either. That doesn't mean it's not badly dated tech. Buying any iOS device right now at the height of it's decline would just be stupidity.
Haha. Im an android fanboy, even i recognise thats nonsense.
I only put it as I knew he'd be on it in a flash.

Just let him rant. Ill enjoy the iPad that's been great this last year and paid for itself around 100 times over at the very least.<br /><br />-- Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:44 pm --<br /><br />
Irwell said:
How is Apple's replacement policy second to none? At any point in the next two years I can take my Samsung phone into any branch of the retailer who sold it to me, a retailer with substantially more branches than Apple, and get a new one on the spot or send it back to Samsung and get a new one shipped to me. That said, I've never actually needed to do so because over the four years I've had Samsung phones to date none have ever broken.
You tell us flower.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.