Tactical again

Ricster

Looking up until Liverpool scored today and on other occasions this season, it looks like Hughes wants to play defensive in every game. Ireland, SWP, and now Bellamy have all lost the attacking flair they had last season.

SWP - Doesn't look the same Shaun we all love, you know, the one who loves to get forward, take on players, have a crack from distance.

Ireland - Not getting forward as much as last season, resulting in less goals, less shots, and also less game time.

Bellamy today i believe was given a team roll to do a job.

But, is this really benefitting the team? I think its hampering us. It seems that Hughes' tactics are affecting both Irelands and SWP's game and its costing us.

That first half was enough for me, and i'll quite gladly see the back of Hughes now. I've been critical in the past, but supported the manager. But when his tactics are affecting some of our better players performances then its time for the axe to swing.

Ricster said:
Looking up until Liverpool scored today and on other occasions this season, it looks like Hughes wants to play defensive in every game. Ireland, SWP, and now Bellamy have all lost the attacking flair they had last season.

SWP - Doesn't look the same Shaun we all love, you know, the one who loves to get forward, take on players, have a crack from distance.

Ireland - Not getting forward as much as last season, resulting in less goals, less shots, and also less game time.

But, is this really benefitting the team? I think its hampering us. It seems that Hughes' tactics are affecting both Irelands and SWP's game and its costing us.

That first half was enough for me, and i'll quite gladly see the back of Hughes now. I've been critical in the past, but supported the manager. But when his tactics are affecting some of our better players performances then its time for the axe to swing.

Chelsea won the league playing defensive football.

Sometimes (like when you go to Anfield) you have to first stop them playing and frustrate the crowd etc. Everything was going absolutely to plan before Zab gave that free kick away. But yeah, blame Hughes for that.

PistonBlue said:
Ricster said:

Sometimes (like when you go to Anfield) you have to first stop them playing and frustrate the crowd etc. Everything was going absolutely to plan before Zab gave that free kick away. But yeah, blame Hughes for that.

Not just Anfield though.

Can you honestly say SWP and Ireland have been the same players this season?

PistonBlue said:
Everything was going absolutely to plan before Zab gave that free kick away. But yeah, blame Hughes for that.

Who signed, trained and selected him again?

Ricster said:
PistonBlue said:

Not just Anfield though.

Can you honestly say ANY of his 18 signings have improved under his management?

I can't think of one.

Ricster said:
PistonBlue said:

Not just Anfield though.

The tactics were right for today though. I agree about Ireland, but today he's come into the midfield with Barry and DJ ans proved his point by scoring. SWP just looks off the pace, I don't think you can put that down to any tactical decisions. He had lots of chances to run at people today, but wasn't really up to it.

we,re 6th with 1 DEFEAT IN 12 GAMES!!.........where,s the issue guys???...........

moomba said:
PistonBlue said:
Everything was going absolutely to plan before Zab gave that free kick away. But yeah, blame Hughes for that.

Who signed, trained and selected him again?

But he still can't legislate for a Zabaleta brain fart can he? I'm almost certain there will be a new right back next season, if not january.

Soulboy said:
Ricster said:
Not just Anfield though.

Can you honestly say ANY of his 18 signings have improved under his management?

I can't think of one.

You could definitely say Ireland improved under Hughes last season. A good player was suddenly a very good player. I don't know how much of that was down to Hughes but there was considerable improvement.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.