Tactical again

PistonBlue said:
Soulboy said:
And I'm sure you got the point I was making.

Either that, or you have trouble reading.

Actually no I don't see the point you're making. Neither do I see the relevance in a thread about tactics. I also don't see why you limited the question to players signed by Hughes. Does improving home grown players not count?

Okay then, let's ignore the fact that you've not read my post even though I clearly stated "Hughes 18 signings"... which was a bit of a giveaway that I wasn't talking about players already there when he arrived!

But I'll go with your premise that I consider ALL players.

We've got 18 of Hughes signings, the players still here that were at the club when he arrived (Ireland, Richards, Onuoha, Johnson, Weiss), add in the players that have been and gone (Caceido, Bojinov, Elano, Etuhu, Hart, Ball, Hamann, etc.).

Let's be conservative and suggest that some 35 players have been managed by Hughes while in charge at City. Yes?

And how many have made a tangible improivement?

You stated Ireland. That's ONE. Out of 35 players.

If this was any other business and a manager had been found to have seen 35 employees show only one of them improving, then I suggest that questions might be asked in the boardroom!

Oh, and as for the one being Ireland, most of this season he has looked no better than he was under Sven.

Soulboy said:
PistonBlue said:
Actually no I don't see the point you're making. Neither do I see the relevance in a thread about tactics. I also don't see why you limited the question to players signed by Hughes. Does improving home grown players not count?

Okay then, let's ignore the fact that you've not read my post even though I clearly stated "Hughes 18 signings"... which was a bit of a giveaway that I wasn't talking about players already there when he arrived!

We've got 18 of Hughes signings, the players still here that were at the club when he arrived (Ireland, Richards, Onuoha, Johnson, Weiss), add in the players that have been and gone (Caceido, Bojinov, Elano, Etuhu, Hart, Ball, Hamann, etc.).

Let's be conservative and suggest that some 35 players have been managed by Hughes while in charge at City. Yes?

If this was any other business and a manager had been found to have seen 35 employees show only one of them improving, then I suggest that questions might be asked in the boardroom!

Oh, and as for the one being Ireland, most of this season he has looked no better than he was under Sven.

Ok. Lets ignore the fact that I did read your post but then told you I don't see why it should be just Hughes signings.(kind of proving I read it but chose to ignore it's basic premise as a bit misleading and pointless?)

Anyway, I'm not sure what you're expecting from Hughes players. Do you expect Shay Given to improve as a keeper? Do you expect Ade to suddenly improve as a player because Hughes signed him? Am I supposed to have kept a diary on Kompany's Hamburg career so I could answer this question?

Surely what you should be asking is 'have Hughes signings improved our team/squad?'

If we ask that question I think all things considered, that would probably be a yes.

He seems to be applying the same negative defensive approach as when he managed Wales,its painfull to have to go through it all again. Strangely enough back then Wales had a decent attacking team,we were well on our way to qualify for 2004 european championships but Hughes started playing so defensively we fell apart.Just like city now,Wales had a very vulnerable defence.

PistonBlue said:
Soulboy said:

Ok. Lets ignore the fact that I did read your post but then told you I don't see why it should be just Hughes signings.(kind of proving I read it but chose to ignore it's basic premise as a bit misleading and pointless?)

Anyway, I'm not sure what you're expecting from Hughes players. Do you expect Shay Given to improve as a keeper? Do you expect Ade to suddenly improve as a player because Hughes signed him? Am I supposed to have kept a diary on Kompany's Hamburg career so I could answer this question?

Surely what you should be asking is 'have Hughes signings improved our team/squad?'

If we ask that question I think all things considered, that would probably be a yes.

Cheers mate.

I asked a question. You gave me an answer to a question I didn't ask.

I then revised my question.

And you,once again, answered a different question!

No point continuing, eh?

I presume when you did your O'levels you got all the answers right... it was just that they asked the wrong questions!

Its nice to read that its decided Sparky has tactics, cos a few weeks ago there were loads of comments on here saying that Sparky didn't have any tactics & his games were a free for all... If you listened to Benitez comments 2 days before the game, he said he expected it to be a very open play game, so it was obvious MH was going to close it down to upset Benitez's tactics re: an open game...
MH tried to do something with the crap players that Sven left behind & kept the one's he thought he could do something with & binned off the crap that he couldn't do anything with or couldn't work with...he's made a better player out of Ade, who in his last season at the Goons was terrible & MH took a chance with him & has made him a great player again...we've got a very balanced side now & with a few players bought in Jan to give us more options in defence we should have cover for injuries & internationals...we're doing better than I expected this year...

jeffmr2 said:
He seems to be applying the same negative defensive approach as when he managed Wales,its painfull to have to go through it all again. Strangely enough back then Wales had a decent attacking team,we were well on our way to qualify for 2004 european championships but Hughes started playing so defensively we fell apart.Just like city now,Wales had a very vulnerable defence.

We didn't have a decent attacking team in 2004 at all...we had a decent manager who made a decent team out of CRAP!!! We only had 2 EPL players & all the rest played for Swansea, Cardiff & lower division sides...but Sparky did develop good enough tactics to beat Italy 2-1...
The only person I saw today who was 'bad in defence' was surprisingly Zabaleta, the others played really well & everyone's allowed a 'bad game'...

Soulboy said:
PistonBlue said:

Cheers mate.

No point continuing, eh?

I presume when you did your O'levels you got all the answers right... it was just that they asked the wrong questions!

Your question was both misleading and pointless though! And you haven't answered my questions!

I still don't see where you are coming from. Take Shay Given for instance. Pretty much regarded as one of, if not the best keeper in the League. You're trying to somehow put a negative on the signing because he's not improved since he's been here? Wtf is that about? And yes I know you haven't singled that signing out but I do believe it falls into your original criteria.

I'm 50/50 on Hughes but ffs lets have some realism here.

And you presume wrong. It was GCSE's by the time I got to school old boy!

PistonBlue said:
Soulboy said:
Cheers mate.

No point continuing, eh?

Your question was both misleading and pointless though! And you haven't answered my questions!

I still don't see where you are coming from. Take Shay Given for instance. Pretty much regarded as one of, if not the best keeper in the League. You're trying to somehow put a negative on the signing because he's not improved since he's been here? Wtf is that about? And yes I know you haven't singled that signing out but I do believe it falls into your original criteria.

Ah, a young kid?

I should have known.

Experience over youthful enthusiasm every time!

Cheers!

Soulboy said:
PistonBlue said:

Ah, a young kid?

I should have known.

Experience over youthful enthusiasm every time!

Cheers!

Wish I was a young kid!

Still, at least you dodged the subject of your negatively misleading posts eh!

Cheers!

PistonBlue said:
[Chelsea won the league playing defensive football.

They were second highest scorers when they won it 2004/2005 and joint highest scorers in 2005/2006.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.