Tactics for next year and the sacrifice of David Silva

You can play without Silva but then you need two wingers on the pitch and City have only one - Sinclair.
City have problems with CMs where have four strong but slow guys. You can buy five wingers this summer but if City won't sign more mobile CMs they'll have similar problems again.

Sabster said:
JamesA said:
inbetween said:
Might as well sack Mancini as well, get Joe Royle in and go back to being shite, there is a recurring theme with teams that play the 'winger' mentality.

Barcelona, Real Madrid, Chelsea, PSG, Juventus, Napoli, Malaga, Athletico, Milan all manage without wingers.

Incorrect and totally missed the point, or more likely not even read the original post. The point with all those teams and with modern tactics in general, is that teams don't play 4-4-2 with wingers that often anymore, they play a 4-3-3/4-5-1 with fast technical players who can play wide or inside. There is more fluidity to the formation.

Chelsea - erm, what about Hazard/Oscar?
Real madrid - Erm, Ronaldo, Di Maria
Napoli - Insigne/Pandev
PSG - Lavezzi/Pastore

Seriously, you need to read before you post.

You are a complete idiot.

Ronaldo is not a winger

Patore and Oscar play identical roles to Silva

Hazard plays inside almost as much as the others

This obcession with PACE needs to stop...

Honestly, based on what you just wrote and your other posts on this topic, I think there is only one person making a COMPLETE idiot of themselves... YOU!!! Did you read my post? Was I saying they were out and out wingers? Nope.

geoff hammond said:
Jack74 said:
geoff hammond said:
David Silva is a world class player.

Ha ha Silva world class u r havin a laugh tell me which games u think he as played well in this season

Ok jack. You have your opinion.

the 80000 Real Madrid fans who gave him a standing ovation have theirs.

The 80000 Real Madrid fans gave him a standing ovation cause he is Spanish ?

inbetween said:
Might as well sack Mancini as well, get Joe Royle in and go back to being shite, there is a recurring theme with teams that play the 'winger' mentality.

Barcelona, Real Madrid, Chelsea, PSG, Juventus, Napoli, Malaga, Athletico, Milan all manage without wingers.
Are you joking? Barcelona play wingers in their 4-3-3 formation, although the wingers aren't out and out, they are very comfortable drifting inside. It makes the whole structure of attack much more fluid. Real have Ronaldo and Di Maria. Those two play on either side of Ozil, with the German playing just behind their central striker. Chelsea have wingers, Hazard is naturally a winger. Victor Moses is also a winger. Oscar is comfortable on the flank. Like Barca's wingers, both Chelsea's and Madrid's aren't out and out wingers but they still are a form of wide men.

Wingers are key in football in my opinion. Milner is a poor mans winger, not enough pace and lacks the flair. Sinclair just isn't being played. Kolarov is slow too.

At least one quality winger needs to be bought in the summer. And Mancini better use him!

Jack74 said:
geoff hammond said:

Because he is Spanish??
So would you give John terry an ovation cos he's English. No.
They know he is world class.

geoff hammond said:
Jack74 said:
geoff hammond said:

Because he is Spanish??
So would you give John terry an ovation cos he's English. No.
They know he is world class.

Anyone who has ever been near a football for real, not just on a FIFA game, knows Silva is world class....

Mr. Aguia said:
BlueEagle said:
Silva is at his best when he can run in the space between the midfield and defence, and there's very few players in the world who are as threatening as him at picking out a brilliant pass. Even today he created some great chances that were wasted. The problem is that we don't often see Silva in this area much any more, because the way we change from defence to attack is so slow. In the first half today every time we won the ball back in our own half, we either gave it away quickly or passed it back to Hart who would inevitably give away possession.

We've had this problem for a while now, and I believe it's why Mancini opts to play Yaya further back, as he's the only midfield player who has the ability to pick the ball up, hold off any pressure, and play the ball to one of our players. Unfortunately, Touré doesn't do enough work defensively, so we can often get overrun in midfield when another team tries to pressure us high up the pitch (like Dortmund or even Liverpool recently).

Really, I believe we need more technically sound central midfielders who can help us dominate and control the game, and perhaps more wide, faster players who would often run in behind or just generally help to generate space for the rest of our team. At the moment when a team pressures us, we don't have the passing or movement that is required to escape through the pressure, and until we fix that we will always struggle away from home and against other top teams. Silva would be brilliant if he had them type of players around him, as he is for Spain and would be for a team like Barcelona.

This is how I see it as well.

I think Yaya is best in the hole just off the striker but has to play in the holding role cause Barry and Garcia are too slow and don't creat anything going forward. But because we had soo much trouble defending corners in the first third of the season Mancini has felt it necessary to play Dzeko more often than his play would demand to help defend set plays. Which means even if we win the ball we only have 1 small player up front so we end up giving the ball right back. Too many of our players are forced into playing roles that aren't their best. We need to stop buying the best available talent and start buying specific players to fill a specific role.

These 2 have it 100% spot on

Look at Eden Hazard, 13 goals and 17 assists in all competitions this season, and that is with a mid-season little blip. We really could have done with somebody this season with his pace, ability to beat a man and ability to grab a goal. It was a big miss not to get him in summer and I know there are reasons for that as surely we were in for him and Mancini wanted him.

Mancini has wanted one of Sanchez and Hazard past two summer windows. Marwood either didn't do the deal or Khaldoon wouldn't sanction it. Of course both seemingly turned us down as well but they aren't the only two players of that ilk in the world.

We simply have to add someone like that this summer and it could well be Sanchez, Jovetic and so on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.