Tactics for next year and the sacrifice of David Silva

i think what people are trying to say is that there is a lack of anyone who can dribble past players...like all the players at barca can .....its not necessarily pace like for example david white had but more technical ability to attack the opposition witht he ball at feet and beat a man......the only players we have that can do that in midfield is nasri...not even silva is particualrly good at it...(though he doesnt need to be for what we want him doing)...again the likes of barry and milner are extremely hardworking and read the game well and defend well but when it comes to attacking a packed defence both are limited.....garcia adds height from set plays btu nothing else.....for me he is are biggest weakness and nothign he has done in any game so far this season has changed my mind......adds no quality at all and is still weak in the tackle, cannt recover when a man beats him.....absolutely nothing!

Sabster said:
Joehannes said:
Sabster said:
Lol Lol just lol

Tello and Callejon don't play (and callejon is not a winger) neither is cuenca.

Pedro and Sanchez are barely wingers...

Nene is not winger...

Why are we aspiring to play like the rags or PSG??????

Complete BS we do not need wingers we need technically gifted players.

FFS. Again, nobody is asking for conventional winger such as Valencia or Lennon, players who fit well into a 4-4-2.
Personally, I'd like quick, inverted wingers capable of making runs that drag defenders out of position creating space for the likes of David Silva to work in. Pedro, Sanchez, Di Maria, Hazard etc...Of course, given that they play on the opposite side to their preferred foot then they are likely to come inside rather than go on the outside and "work the fullback".

The thing is, the term 'winger' is much easier to use than 'wide-men-with-pace-who-make-runs-that-drag-their-full-back-out-of-position-and-creates-goal-scoring-opportunities-either-for-themselves-or-for-a-teammate'.

We have Tevez, Aguero, Silva and Nasri to do that..........

We have Aguero that can do that. Tévez? Barely. He needs the ball. Silva and Nasri do not do that whatsoever.

we discussing letting go of silva.......... lets move stadiums to and start playing at goodison park !

add pace, get rid of flat midfielders, 2 more strikers, todays team sheet would look shit in the fa cup early rounds, it will get sorted at summer..

Joehannes said:
Sabster said:
Joehannes said:
FFS. Again, nobody is asking for conventional winger such as Valencia or Lennon, players who fit well into a 4-4-2.
Personally, I'd like quick, inverted wingers capable of making runs that drag defenders out of position creating space for the likes of David Silva to work in. Pedro, Sanchez, Di Maria, Hazard etc...Of course, given that they play on the opposite side to their preferred foot then they are likely to come inside rather than go on the outside and "work the fullback".

The thing is, the term 'winger' is much easier to use than 'wide-men-with-pace-who-make-runs-that-drag-their-full-back-out-of-position-and-creates-goal-scoring-opportunities-either-for-themselves-or-for-a-teammate'.

We have Aguero that can do that. Tévez? Barely. He needs the ball. Silva and Nasri do not do that whatsoever.

When silva, Tevez and Nasri cut inside with the ball their FB follows them thus creating space...

Sabster said:
Joehannes said:
Sabster said:

When silva, Tevez and Nasri cut inside with the ball their FB follows them thus creating space...
There's still another step to go there to create goal-scoring opportunities though. Also, the player on the ball can't be the one creating the space too. And our full-backs don't have sufficient technical quality to be consistently relied on in attacking positions either.

BlueEagle said:
Silva is at his best when he can run in the space between the midfield and defence, and there's very few players in the world who are as threatening as him at picking out a brilliant pass. Even today he created some great chances that were wasted. The problem is that we don't often see Silva in this area much any more, because the way we change from defence to attack is so slow. In the first half today every time we won the ball back in our own half, we either gave it away quickly or passed it back to Hart who would inevitably give away possession.

We've had this problem for a while now, and I believe it's why Mancini opts to play Yaya further back, as he's the only midfield player who has the ability to pick the ball up, hold off any pressure, and play the ball to one of our players. Unfortunately, Touré doesn't do enough work defensively, so we can often get overrun in midfield when another team tries to pressure us high up the pitch (like Dortmund or even Liverpool recently).

Really, I believe we need more technically sound central midfielders who can help us dominate and control the game, and perhaps more wide, faster players who would often run in behind or just generally help to generate space for the rest of our team. At the moment when a team pressures us, we don't have the passing or movement that is required to escape through the pressure, and until we fix that we will always struggle away from home and against other top teams. Silva would be brilliant if he had them type of players around him, as he is for Spain and would be for a team like Barcelona.

This is how I see it as well.

I think Yaya is best in the hole just off the striker but has to play in the holding role cause Barry and Garcia are too slow and don't creat anything going forward. But because we had soo much trouble defending corners in the first third of the season Mancini has felt it necessary to play Dzeko more often than his play would demand to help defend set plays. Which means even if we win the ball we only have 1 small player up front so we end up giving the ball right back. Too many of our players are forced into playing roles that aren't their best. We need to stop buying the best available talent and start buying specific players to fill a specific role.

David Silva is a world class player.

Unfortunately Barry, Garcia and Milner are not.

Not having a pop at those three - just defending Silva

Silva is not the fxxxing problem, the problem is that the squad has not improved from last season, quite the opposite in fact.
Last year, we managed to better the red scums only by goal difference, this season we are looking to finish 12ish/15ish points behind.
In between we lost A. Johnson and Dejong, they got back Vidic and signed * cough cough * Van Rapist * cough cough* ...
Our weakness already shined last season, but we got away with it because of our strikers being clinical and wasteless.
This year we' ve been strugling to create clear chances, fixtures after fixtures, and when we eventually do, we are likely to freaking miss sitters...

I've always said that our bench depth was terrbile and i'm affraid this season it cost us the title : you can't rely on the likes of Kolarov,Saintclair or Rodwell to make an impact sub when you need it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.