Takefusa Kubo

Like others here, I think he is exactly what we need. He has a €60m release clause from January 2024, and I know we usually don't do business in January, but if Kalvin goes, I would make an exception for Kubo. One of the best talents in Europe right now, no doubt about it.

Like others here, I think he is exactly what we need. He has a €60m release clause from January 2024, and I know we usually don't do business in January, but if Kalvin goes, I would make an exception for Kubo. One of the best talents in Europe right now, no doubt about it.
We might do business in January when a release clause is in play. I imagine part of the reason Txiki doesn't do a lot of business in January is it is hard to get the type of big deals we do over the finish line in that tight window. It took a few months to Gvardiol over the line. A release clause changes the dynamic.

If we are interested in him, should we activate the reported release clause in the winter window but allow him to play out the season in Spain, or should we wait until the summer and run the risk that someone else meets the asking price in the winter window? Not sure he would get much playing time in Manchester before May, yet at the same time 60 million is a sizeable investment to leave in Spain.

If we are interested in him, should we activate the reported release clause in the winter window but allow him to play out the season in Spain, or should we wait until the summer and run the risk that someone else meets the asking price in the winter window? Not sure he would get much playing time in Manchester before May, yet at the same time 60 million is a sizeable investment to leave in Spain.
It’s looking like Sociedad will qualify for the next stage of the CL, so you’d expect him to stay there for the season.

I’d be happy with either scenario. As it’s a release clause, we could activate it whenever and ask to be kept informed if someone else triggers it.

I’d expect Kubo himself would look at the football played at all clubs interested, before signing a 5 year deal with us. :-)

It’s looking like Sociedad will qualify for the next stage of the CL, so you’d expect him to stay there for the season.

I’d be happy with either scenario. As it’s a release clause, we could activate it whenever and ask to be kept informed if someone else triggers it.

I’d expect Kubo himself would look at the football played at all clubs interested, before signing a 5 year deal with us. :-)
Would work for me. My only concern would be over his fitness in terms of playing in England. He doesn’t play the full 90 in many games, though I suppose we have a big enough squad to accommodate if he needs to acclimate.

Would work for me. My only concern would be over his fitness in terms of playing in England. He doesn’t play the full 90 in many games, though I suppose we have a big enough squad to accommodate if he needs to acclimate.
At least he’s getting used to playing every 3 days.

But Kubo and Phillips are different positions tho

Yeah, but I feel like we are covered in midfield. KDB (to return), Rodri, Foden, Kovacic, Nunes, Lewis, Bernardo. Of course Foden or Bernardo can play out wide, but in Kubo we would have a future Bernardo replacement. Not like for like, but he would be amazing playing RW for us, IMO.

Much more about the squad space than the position. If Rodri got injured tomorrow I think Pep would rather play Kovacic, Nunes, Stones, Lewis and probably Ake and even Bernardo DM than trust Kalvin in a big game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.