Taking my lad to his first game

I hope you’ve got the little fella in training, videos of Blackburn Gillingham Sick Swan QPR Villa on loop shouting City City City at the telly should do it
To be a real City fan you should be showing him DavidPleat dancing across the Maine Road turf, City taking the ball into the corner against Liverpool when they needed to score, the 2-3 against United after being 2-0 up at the break, the semi-final in the Bernabeu….

Take the nipper to an EDS/Ladies game, he'll be able to get close to the pitch and hopefully give him a buzz.....if/when he gets board it's not as much hassle leaving early and no delays getting home.

Started my lad who was 5 at the time with reserve games at Maine Rd and built up from there.

25 years later he's a S/C holder with me and been on the rollercoaster that is City for many many years.

To be a real City fan you should be showing him DavidPleat dancing across the Maine Road turf, City taking the ball into the corner against Liverpool when they needed to score, the 2-3 against United after being 2-0 up at the break, the semi-final in the Bernabeu….
Just like the RAF motto:
Per Ardua ad Astra - through adversity to the stars.
We've come a long way since I started going in 1959 as a 9 year old.

Just looking for some advice blues, thinking of bringing my lad to his first game next season, im up on EL3 so not too rowdy, he's 2 going on 3 in January and just wondering if it's too soon to bring him or not? What's your take?
Fucking 2 ???
Don't bother mate. You won't see a minute of the match and he won't be added.

Just looking for some advice blues, thinking of bringing my lad to his first game next season, im up on EL3 so not too rowdy, he's 2 going on 3 in January and just wondering if it's too soon to bring him or not? What's your take?
Too young. Wait ‘til he’s 6.

Took my lad when he was 3 v. Liverpool. 03/02/2013. Place exploded when we took the lead and he wouldn't stop crying at the noise. Had to leave after 5 minutes later and watch the rest of the game in the pub!

I took my eldest at 5 and youngest at 3. They did need phones etc for parts but my biggest tip

Ear protection!!

My eldest shit herself when we came out the tunnel. Second time with ear muffs on both loved it

Yeah thats one of my reservations, I'm probably going to give it a few more seasons
I think I was 6-7 when I went to my first City game? I didn't have too much of a clue what was going on then but at least you can take in and remember the experience at that age. Any earlier than that I would suggest is a bit pointless from your lad's point of view.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.