Talented solo artists, male v female.

As long as modern artists don't go overboard with things like quantization and plug-ins like auto tune, you can still gets great music. The problem is when singers/bands and their producers get lazy and just basically create overproduced ring tones instead of actual songs. Canadian pop singer Carly Rae Jepsen's new album is great. But she demoed 42 songs at her home studio before even getting the recording process. Make an effort and take some chances and you'll get good results.
Really?

Yeah. Been listening to it for over a week now. And I don't really like modern pop music all that much. Some of the stuff does on the album is really clever. Like taking the hook from the Harry Nilsson song "He Needs Me" from Popeye and turning it into a modern electronic pop.... that's absolutely catchy as hell. But there are other songs on the album that kind of have this "happy airy pop without drowned out by technology vibe." Great vocals too for a modern pop album too. I don't know why she isn't more popular. Beats a lot of the crap out there.

Yeah. Been listening to it for over a week now. And I don't really like modern pop music all that much. Some of the stuff does on the album is really clever. Like taking the hook from the Harry Nilsson song "He Needs Me" from Popeye and turning it into a modern electronic pop.... that's absolutely catchy as hell. But there are other songs on the album that kind of have this "happy airy pop without drowned out by technology vibe." Great vocals too for a modern pop album too. I don't know why she isn't more popular. Beats a lot of the crap out there.

I'll stick to listening to magpies cackling outside my window than listening to that shit.

I'll stick to listening to magpies cackling outside my window than listening to that shit.

Ha ha. Can't say I blame you.

But I here so many millennials tell me I am too critical of modern music. I try to make an attempt from time to time. Ed Sheeran has some decent songs... doesn't he?

Royal Blood has turned my ear recently.

Ha ha. Can't say I blame you.

But I here so many millennials tell me I am too critical of modern music. I try to make an attempt from time to time. Ed Sheeran has some decent songs... doesn't he?

Royal Blood has turned my ear recently.
I don't mind a bit of Ed. Quite liked James Morrison too.

Royal Blood are a bit meh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.