Tales of Blue - Kit Symons

lot of respect for Kit, especially following the relegation game at Stoke, we stopped off at the Swan in Knutsford coming home, a lot of blues had same idea, so did a few of players Rosler, Dickov, Kit & Tommy Wright were there, Kit got a bit of abuse and calmly he didn't back down and had a discussion with a few who were giving it him, he looked and spoke as if he was as gutted as rest of us, earned my respect that day
Fair play to him for that. He's a cracking fella and you tell by his voice, even now he was gutted at how it turned out.

The match against Charlton at home in early 1998 summed everything up. They had an outfield player in goal and Symonds looked like he scored a late winner, but then had an air swing at the ball with his left foot when it looked like a simple clearance at the other end, conceding in injury time.

That was the middle of a run that got Clark the sack. Then he scored early Ipswich at home under Royle in his first game I think, conceding 2 late goals to lose 2-1, with Tommy Wright doing "nothing wrong" letting in a long range cross shot in injury time according to Joe.

The winter of discontent.

To be honest the criticism was OTT and didn’t reflect well on the fans. Edghill got pelters during the Coventry?? match, and Andy Dibble against Oxford when we lost 2-3, but with Kit the criticism was more sustained and a regular occurrence.
Yes, the abuse Edghill got that day was not good, it was Coventry and Craig Bellamy was certainly 'on his game 'for them that day. To be honest I think quite a few City fans were embarrassed by their fellow fans attitude towards Edghill that day.
We had the 'Gillingham and Blackburn seasons' back to back promotions the previous couple of seasons (of which he was a big part) and maybe when we got back to the top flight it was quite a wake up call! and he was the scapegoat that day.
Richard Edghill's autobiography is actually a very good read in my opinion .
Kit Symons had the misfortune of playing under some shit managers in a really shit team. He wasn't the best defender we've ever had but like Edghill got too much flak.
Both the above always put in a shift, and frustrating though it is as a fan I don't think getting at players helps anyone. The likes of Mcmanaman, Mills and even Anelka who was a great footballer but really looked pissed off wearing a City shirt at times and like he felt he was way too good for us (which he probably was in truth at the time)
I find way more annoying.

Yes, the abuse Edghill got that day was not good, it was Coventry and Craig Bellamy was certainly 'on his game 'for them that day. To be honest I think quite a few City fans were embarrassed by their fellow fans attitude towards Edghill that day.
We had the 'Gillingham and Blackburn seasons' back to back promotions the previous couple of seasons (of which he was a big part) and maybe when we got back to the top flight it was quite a wake up call! and he was the scapegoat that day.
Richard Edghill's autobiography is actually a very good read in my opinion .
Kit Symons had the misfortune of playing under some shit managers in a really shit team. He wasn't the best defender we've ever had but like Edghill got too much flak.
Both the above always put in a shift, and frustrating though it is as a fan I don't think getting at players helps anyone. The likes of Mcmanaman, Mills and even Anelka who was a great footballer but really looked pissed off wearing a City shirt at times and like he felt he was way too good for us (which he probably was in truth at the time)
I find way more annoying.

Wow, I just read an extract on the City til I die website from Richard Edghills book and I never realised it was a Premiership game. The mind plays tricks on you but I presumed it was under the Clark/Neal days of chaos. Even less forgivable really.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.