Talk about one of your favourite songs.

I welled up the first time I heard this…unfortunately it’s strikes a personal note for me as my da was a cnut…but you can hear very real emotion in the lyrics, clearly a very personal song…pure anger and sadness

Daddy’s Gone by Glasvegas (from a brilliant album btw)

How you are my hero
How your never here though
Remember times when you put me on your shoulders
How I wish it was forever you would hold us

Right now I'm too young to know
How in the future it will affect me when you go
You could have had it all
You, me, and mum you know
Anything was possible

I wont be the lonely one
Sitting on my own and sad
A fifty year old
Reminiscing what I had
I wont be the lonely one
Forget your dad, he's gone

All I wanted was a kick-a-bout in the park
For you to race me home when it was nearly getting dark
How I could've been yours, and you be mine
It could've been me and you until the end of time

Do what you want, when you want
Be as fucking insincere as you can
What kind of way is that to treat your wife
To see your son on Saturdays
What way is that to live your life?

I wont be the lonely one
A fifty year old
Reminiscing what I had
I wont be the lonely one
Forget your dad, he's gone

A great song and not the only one on that album with some emotional heft.

I could have chosen any of a dozen songs by this band but this is probably the most immediate. The power of the guitars in this is just beyond belief to me. And that's before you get on to the lyrics, which explore the human condition in a way that it isn't really explored in music today.

Love that song, it’s on my ‘no filler’ playlist ;-).

My favourite song encapsulated everything about the post modernism era whereby the acoustics told a story about love deception and the critical synchronicity between good and evil.
Unfortunately I forget what it was called.

My contribution is Reckoner by Radiohead. It came from their InRainbows album which they released as a Pay-what-you-want release and it contained this absolute gem. Niles Barkley did a great cover of it too.

But the song contains the lines "Dedicated to all of you" and that's exactly what the've done. Basically gievn it for free to cancer research (Its on their adverts if you notice) because of Thom Yorkes wife dying a few years ago.

The song transcendes styles and genres imo so here's gnarls barkleys version

And the original

Jet Airliner by The Steve Miller Band. Great tune in its own right but the reason I love it so is that it was used in The West Wing (which I believe to be the greatest TV series ever made). The episode in question was called "The Mommy Problem".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.