Talk Sport Now

unlikelyfan19 said:
buckshot said:
unlikelyfan19 said:
Yup, if they really wanted to make it a level playing field, then you would do things like wage caps. All FFP does is only advantageous to those who currently are established moneymakers. It's disgusting really and I can't wrap my head around how no one has been more vocal about how screwed small clubs are going to be.

Yeah and if they did try to institute a salary cap the players would probably strike.

Yea the only way it might work is to have like a 10 year grandfathering system to slowly bring wages down, it would take awhile to implement. For the record I am not necessarily for this idea. It would just make more sense to do something like this than the current FFP system.

Why can't they just leave alone, let each club make their own decisions, scrap FFP. Least the Aston Villas of this world if they found themselves in the same boat as us now sometime in the future, why shouldn't they be able to spend money to be successful. It stinks as we know it was only brought in to stop us pure and simple.

Ancient Citizen said:
samharris said:
buckshot said:
Yeah and if they did try to institute a salary cap the players would probably strike.

If they cap the wages then the top players will go to countries unaffected by FFPR. Emirates,China,etc..

Very good point. As well as this scenario, the chances of it getting past fair trading laws in Europe and each respective countries laws, to me, seem slim.
Now that Platini's PSG have hit the jackpot I think this will also be a factor.

The trading laws arguement doesn't come into it; a salary cap wouldn't be stopping 'trading' but simply stops somebody entering a particular competition. For example, UEFA can set any criteria they like for their tournements, but a club can choose to ignore those and simply not participate in the tournement. Despite this, a salary cap is just almost impossible to introduce on the basis that the sport is worldwide and would require the agreement of thousands of football associations across the lands to be considered a 'good' move for the sport, and the structure of remuneration for players varies on a huge scale.

samharris said:
buckshot said:
unlikelyfan19 said:
Yup, if they really wanted to make it a level playing field, then you would do things like wage caps. All FFP does is only advantageous to those who currently are established moneymakers. It's disgusting really and I can't wrap my head around how no one has been more vocal about how screwed small clubs are going to be.

If they cap the wages then the top players will go to countries unaffected by FFPR. Emirates,China,etc..

I thinkl it would be the end of UEFA if they did that. The top teams would break away and form their own competition, similar to the formation of the Premier League when it broke away from the football league.

MCFC-alan88 said:
SWP's back said:
Pam said:
Talk Shite are talking right now about brilliant new commercial results for City and dreadful ones for United. Apparently a lot of it is to do with television revenues. Now they're talking about rag cash reserves being halved because of their early exit from the Chimps this season. I don't understand it but a so called expert is saying that City are well on course to meet FFP whereas United's transfer policy is going to suffer significantly based on the new evidence available. And the likes of Liverpool are fucked, apparently, if FFP comes in.

Its way too late to stop City.
What show is it love so I can download the podcast

It's Danny Kelly - Kick Off.

I kind of think he knew :)

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
samharris said:
buckshot said:

I thinkl it would be the end of UEFA if they did that. The top teams would break away and form their own competition, similar to the formation of the Premier League when it broke away from the football league.

British Rugby tried salary capping a year or two back...all the name players fooked off to france..

Bluemoon115 said:
Churchill123 said:
kramer said:

When i clicked the link and read the head line - £250,000 a DAY! The astonishing amount United pay to meet their massive debt.. - I physically laughed out loud when i read this!
Makes Yaya Toure's wage look minuscule.
That's distorted by repayment of the debt. It's not just the interest.

Apparently most takeovers in the business world operate the same as the Glazers and United. As long as profits are high enough to pay interest and a percentage of the debt, it's all perfectly manageable.

The excuses get better.

This £250,000 a day losses thing.

Can someone explain in simple terms (me understanding terms) exactly how bad this announcement is to the future transfer spending policy for Yoonited?

I was sent this link by a Rag (not sure if the fact it's compiled before today's announcement renders it obsolete)
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/9255869/Exclusive-Why-our-solvency-index-is-the-best-indicator-of-the-current-health-of-the-Premier-League.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... eague.html</a>
What exactly does this link try and say about United's finances that today's announcement contradicts?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.