talksport city discussion coming next

Rubyappeal said:
Pigeonho said:
Rubyappeal said:
The fact they're so "surprised" at the level of response they get when they start wumming about subjects they blatantly know fuck all about shows exactly how out of touch they are in their ill informed,Cosy little London media existence.
The trouble is that these twats hold the balance of opinion with the "average" fan,and their stupidity and Partridge-style tabloid outbursts simply perpetuate the myths and half-truths...and please,Pidge...don't try and tell me there is no agenda,because there blatantly is.

All I'm asking for is a decent debate with a bit of balance,rather than this relentless sea of dis information,biased,negative reporting and blatant bullshit that gets thrown at us day in,day out.

Now I've switched the shit off for another 6 months!
There's not an agenda. We've just signed a £400m deal which alot of other clubs' fans see as selling out and pretty much despise, (through utter jealousy). It's a massive, massive story so the media are doing what they are paid to do, report on it and discuss it. If we hadn't signed that deal last week, we wouldn't have had the air time we've had this morning, positive or negative. It's not an agenda, it's controversial news, (in their view and the view of other fans). You can't expect them to not discuss it, and have the odd pop about money and us in general.

Mate,if you want to believe that it's fine by me.
They use ANY excuse to have a pop and "spin" a negative,mocking story...it might be covert at times,but it's certainly there.
Like I said all I'm asking for is balance-but I would say that we don't get a fair crack of the whip.
I've seen it heard it on a daily basis since the takeover...it gets worse whenever we do anything positive,they spin a negative.
I feel that us and Arsenal are the two clubs that get hammered the most...rags,dippers are in the "untouchable" bracket and Chelsea next.

Just look at the media positive spin that's been trotted out about the rag/dipper signings of Jones,Henderson and Young...."potential" at best.....but do you seriously believe that if we'd signed any of those players they'd have been touted the way they are...or would we have been "City paying over the top for average players and ruining football?"

Be honest!
Not so much Jones, but I will say that Liverpoo should have got a lot more grief for spending £35m on Carroll. They have took stick for Henderson, and rightly so, but the Carroll deal gets wrongly defended by those on talksport. I do admit that if we have bought Carroll for that much, we would have been vilified for it because I don't buy the 'he will one day be worth £35m'. I could be worth that one day, but no ones gonna pay that for me now! As for us though, well we have come from no-where and done what we've done, and we made our statement immediately by buying Robinho. Many didn't like that, because it was even more obscene that how Chelsea did it, and they took untold stick in 2000 when Ranieri went on his spending spree. We took it to a whole new level and a result of that is we will be talked about, negative, positive or whatever else. We have been news since 1/9/08 and will continue to do so. The only difference now is that we are attracting the best players, and we have a bit of success because of the past investment and i've not heard much negativity towards us at all since the Cup final, infact the masses are surprised we have been so quiet in the market if anything. Thing is though we have been quiet then all of a sudden announce to the world that an airline owned by the half bro of our owner is pumping £400m into the club, part of which involves naming the stadium. If all this was going on at United, we would have something to say about it, as would the media. We all think its magnificent because its our club, but whether you like it or not, the media will discuss it from all angles, a negative one included. It's just the way it is but like I always say when people mention the agenda, I would rather have all this and be talked about in this way rather than be talked about in a 2 inch column by the press declaring their love for poor old us languishing in the 3rd division. Big clubs making big noise get talked about, sometimes positive, sometimes negative. It;s just the way it is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.