Talksport now (continued)

de niro said:
Proelia said:
Bluebee2 said:
Friggin ell, didn't see you pulling NF for "Mick Quinn is a fucking filthy cheating scouse **** ", don't take it to heart.
Scouse isnt a nationality

had he just said "prick" it could mean any number, its talk sport we are talking about. putting irish in the post gives us a clue.

Precisely.

As it's radio, it's impossible to describe him using physical features, so an accent helps to narrow it down.

Now if he'd called him a rag prick, that wouldn't have been much help at all.

Durham praising Jimmy Milner, twatty horse abuser Quinn laughing, ''it was Leicester, he wouldnt get in my team''

I heard a weird bit on Brazil's show this morning. The ex-rag Higginbottom was being interviewed over the phone, and when the subject of the Stoke v rag tie was raised, he said that more and clubs were taking the Capital One Cup seriously due to the unpredictable nature of this season's Premier League race. No-one in the studio asked him why the cup should be taken more seriously than the league itself, which is a pity as a bit of journalistic opportunity was missed. I'm still scratching my head Higginbottoms observations.

I'm no cynic said:
I heard a weird bit on Brazil's show this morning. The ex-rag Higginbottom was being interviewed over the phone, and when the subject of the Stoke v rag tie was raised, he said that more and clubs were taking the Capital One Cup seriously due to the unpredictable nature of this season's Premier League race. No-one in the studio asked him why the cup should be taken more seriously than the league itself, which is a pity as a bit of journalistic opportunity was missed. I'm still scratching my head Higginbottoms observations.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.Hence your user name. ;)

oakiecokie said:
I'm no cynic said:

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.Hence your user name. ;)
Well, I know I'm stupid. Even more stupid than I look, and that says something! But how I take Higginbums remarks is that, in past seasons, it's been largely a two-horse race for the title, in which case the majority of clubs should be targeting the League Cup as a viable alternative, yet he seems to reckon that clubs which know they have no chance in the League become happy to field weakened teams in this cup competition, but in the current season and with half a dozen clubs in with a serious shout at the title (so far), he seems to be saying that clubs are now treating this cup competition seriously! That seems weird, unless he is accepting that his favoured rags have no chance of the title and that the League Cup was always their number one target for this season.

I thought I'd heard brazil state that his order of preference was : Celtic, Ipswich, Spuds then scum.

njmcfc1894 said:
Pigeonho said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
The trouble with Talkshite presenters is that yes, they may well support a club that isn't manure, but they seem to come within a Rizla paper in second place.
This is the paradox that baffles me most, because I know fans of pretty much every team you can think of, and not one of them would urinate on $old Trafford if it was ablaze.
They are football Marmite - you either support them, or you want to see al-Qaeda come a-calling.
Yet this bizarre station manages to find a bunch of inept imbeciles who have a soft spot for them that nobody else in the entire universe shares.
It truly is a phenomenon worthy of investigation.
I agree with that, but only with some of them, and it's usually the guests/guest presenters. You won't find Durham, Jacobs, Hawksbee, Quinn, Bingham, Cundy and probably a few others I can't think of bigging up United. They are all openly staunch supporters of their respective teams. Saggers has never stated who he supports before, and does usually favourably talk of United but other than him it is usually the guests and guest presenters.

Durham - Peterborough
Gough - Barnsley,Spurs
Brazil - Celtic,United
moore -Chelsea
Murray -Liverpool
Collymore -Villa
Quinn- Liverpool
Cork-Stoke
Jacobs -Chelsea
Hawksbee-Spurs
Saggers-Cambridge United
Holland-United
Parry -Everton
Shit guy off soccer am-West ham
Parlour -West ham
Moose -West ham
Bingham -Ipswich
Kelly -Spurs
Cundy - Chelsea
Goldstein - United
By shit guy off soccer am do you mean Max Rushton? Because if you do he is a Cambridge United fan, not West Ham, I think

Proelia said:
Bluebee2 said:
Well let's see what this Irish prick has to say about us winning last night. Yesterday he said everyone wanted Leicester to win, 1, because they were the underdogs and 2, because it was City, what a tosser !
Any need to bring his nationality into it? just calling him a prick would have the same effect
Calling someone an Irish prick isn't calling him a prick because he's Irish or having a dig at the Irish. The same as if you call someone a fat prick isn't calling him a prick because he's fat nor having a dig at all fat people.

KippaxCitizen said:
Proelia said:
Bluebee2 said:
Well let's see what this Irish prick has to say about us winning last night. Yesterday he said everyone wanted Leicester to win, 1, because they were the underdogs and 2, because it was City, what a tosser !
Any need to bring his nationality into it? just calling him a prick would have the same effect
Calling someone an Irish prick isn't calling him a prick because he's Irish or having a dig at the Irish. The same as if you call someone a fat prick isn't calling him a prick because he's fat nor having a dig at all fat people.

I suffered from a pin prick once.

I have no idea of the nationality of the pin.

At last Lou Macari comes out from under his stone

Moyes has done an absolutely fantastic job & I can't understand why he's getting grief

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.