Talksport

I work nights and listen to the station quite a lot and I have to say they have some interesting stuff on in the small hours. The Sports Bar is fine after 11pm when they close the phone lines, and I like their sense of fun.

It may be a surprise to some on here but Adam Catterall is always saying nice things about City. He is a closet blue and doesn't hide it at all. He likes City, even though he's a Blackburn supporter. His sidekick is a red so it can be very amusing at times. He also happens to be an excellent presenter whatever the subject matter.

I don't listen to it during the day, but after 11pm I find it an informative and entertaining listen.

Maybe if I heard it when most people are awake during the day I might have a different perspective, and enough people on here seem to hate it, but I can only comment on what I hear, and it's the best radio programme to listen to when I am working.

Talk At the Test, sponsored by Regis, I can recall it all now, clear as day, anchored by Mark Nicholas and Jack Bannister. It kept Brazil off air so I think it was a Pakistan tour they did a few years back.

Jack Bannister (RIP) used to report on test matches as if he was actually there but it turned out he was only watching matches on TV in the comfort of his own home.

Listening to cricket on the radio, is far better than listening to football on the radio.

Well it was...

With you 100% on that one pal.

Jack Bannister, Richie Benaud, Brian Johnston to name a few.

Sitting in the garden in the sun, listening to these guys beautifully describe the cricket...and the bins being put out in the streets behind the stand.

You can only imagine who Talksport will get in.

Sitting in the garden in the sun, listening to these guys beautifully describe the cricket...and the bins being put out in the streets behind the stand.

Darren barnsley gough

I work nights and listen to the station quite a lot and I have to say they have some interesting stuff on in the small hours. The Sports Bar is fine after 11pm when they close the phone lines, and I like their sense of fun.

It may be a surprise to some on here but Adam Catterall is always saying nice things about City. He is a closet blue and doesn't hide it at all. He likes City, even though he's a Blackburn supporter. His sidekick is a red so it can be very amusing at times. He also happens to be an excellent presenter whatever the subject matter.

I don't listen to it during the day, but after 11pm I find it an informative and entertaining listen.

Maybe if I heard it when most people are awake during the day I might have a different perspective, and enough people on here seem to hate it, but I can only comment on what I hear, and it's the best radio programme to listen to when I am working.

You're right there is some good stuff on overnight, they seem to have less of an agenda so the approach is more relaxed.
I find Adam Catterall a bit matesy, a bit in the Mike Sweeney mould, his side-kick the Utd fan, is a typical "doesn't even know when they're playing" red.
I prefer Tom Latcham (sp) his sense of humour is right up my street especially when he's on with that other guy.

It'll be all Beefy, and Lamby, and Freddie, and Swanny.

Basically anyone who they can get in who likes a drink, comes across as matey, and doesn't actually talk in any specifics about the actual cricket.

It's going to be utterly horrendous. I'm gutted. TMS was the programme I switched on to avoid Talksport ffs.

Won't Vaughany be on too, as he is just a rent-a-gob, desperate to be in charge of English cricket and to defend the (good) name of Yorkshire. He'd lover Talksport, him and Gough will be just obnoxious (or more obnoxious).

Won't Vaughany be on too, as he is just a rent-a-gob, desperate to be in charge of English cricket and to defend the (good) name of Yorkshire. He'd lover Talksport, him and Gough will be just obnoxious (or more obnoxious).

For a Yorkshireman, I don’t mind Vaughan, though I doubt he’ll be on talkshite's commentary team, as he’s with the BBC.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.