Talksport

Thing is when/if we get cleared on past history city will do naff all! I would hope City have a list of all the whole lot of them who wrote shite.
You may be right. But I really hope the club changes its future strategy. There is no problem with City being scrutinised and criticised but what we have seen, particulary in recent months, is unbalanced, unfair, biased, inaccurate coverage from many media organisations and in some cases downright fake news. We have to stand up to it as much to defend the staff who work for us as for the fans. I think we have reached a tipping point with some of the cowboys in the media. The least we should do is correct the lies which have been published.

You may be right. But I really hope the club changes its future strategy. There is no problem with City being scrutinised and criticised but what we have seen, particulary in recent months, is unbalanced, unfair, biased, inaccurate coverage from many media organisations and in some cases downright fake news. We have to stand up to it as much to defend the staff who work for us as for the fans. I think we have reached a tipping point with some of the cowboys in the media. The least we should do is correct the lies which have been published.

The narrative of our club has stuck doesn’t matter it’s mainly been lies! Was watching twitch looking at a PS4 game play to see what it played like before buying it and if you don’t know twitch it’s a platform for people to play games live with interactions! Well it’s very rare or never that they talk football someone asked who they supported he said Juventus then someone asked him which club do you hate he said I don’t hate any club then after about 5 seconds of thinking he came out with Manchester City the money the cheats and laughed that we been banned also said expect city go down now! Well they you have it a no mark supports Juventus only watches Juventus occasionally and the shit stir in the media last 10 years has stuck! We will never get rid of it now it here for ever!

The narrative of our club has stuck doesn’t matter it’s mainly been lies! Was watching twitch looking at a PS4 game play to see what it played like before buying it and if you don’t know twitch it’s a platform for people to play games live with interactions! Well it’s very rare or never that they talk football someone asked who they supported he said Juventus then someone asked him which club do you hate he said I don’t hate any club then after about 5 seconds of thinking he came out with Manchester City the money the cheats and laughed that we been banned also said expect city go down now! Well they you have it a no mark supports Juventus only watches Juventus occasionally and the shit stir in the media last 10 years has stuck! We will never get rid of it now it here for ever!

at least we spent money we had - Redknapp went round spending cash clubs never had then left them in the shit.....to go down....

Thing is, after years of bad press, lies and innuendos, our reputation is already badly damaged and will take years if at all to be repaired..

When we win our case and are vindicated we will still have to carry the baggage of cheats around for some considerable time..

We have been far too docile in our handling of the media and we need to make an example of 1 or 2 of the main culprits to show everyone that we are not taking any more shit..

I have no problem with my club receiving criticism but ANY story relating to City has a negative twist attached which is the polar opposite to what you see, hear and read about the rags and dippers..

It's a disgrace that we have allowed our club to be regularly trashed in the media whilst still offering unlimited hospitality..

No other club, especially a club who have acted with dignity and grace over the last 10 years, has ever had the level of shit thrown at them as much as Manchester City have..!

We have exhausted the long game with regards to the media, we need now to change our tact and toughen up..!

We want to be considered to be in the same bracket as the biggest teams in the world, name one of them who cop for or would stand for the shit we get dished our way..?

There isn't one so why should we have to endure it?

We're now considered to be one of the biggest football clubs in the world, let's start acting like one..!

You are right. We have allowed the negative narrative to develop over a decade. I honestly believe our passive comms strategy has been flawed. We are stuck with our "cheating oil money" tag just like the "dirty Leeds" of the late 1960s. We have been the most breathtaking team ever with the highest tally of goals in history but are still slaughtered. We have failed to explain our business model properly outside the immediate vicinity of Manchester.
It is not true to suggest, as some have, that we have no influence over how we are perceived despite the clear covert racism shown by most of the UK media. On a more positive note I don't feel our reputation is as damaged overseas as in the UK. We are very popular in the USA, South America, and parts of Asia and we seem to get fairer coverage in foreign countries. After this case is over the club must carry out a total revamp of our marketing, comms, and PR operations. We should start with our sub-standard website and ticketing process and the way we interact with our core support.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.