Talksport

I just missed him on TalkSPORT.
Anyone hear what Simon Jordan said?
Just caught his last sentence something about Pep asking for apologies that he should take the high ground and not expect empty barrel responses from other clubs something along the lines, so I thought he was perhaps more positive for City.

so would be keen hear his full interview.

Said Pep should tell Klopp and Mourinho that empty vessels make the most noise. He said that he likes City as a club on the field but maybe some of their off field practises are questionable. He said that its a bit rich for Jose to be saying what he is saying given that he was part of the Abramovic revolution years ago, that he changes his tune now that he is under l\evy's restraints.

Apparently the Paperboy has been giving his opinions on it and they are covering that shortly

cheers mate.
mostly positive I would say in our Favour.
some people I have been surprised to some extent have turned a new page regarding us.

Martin Lipton - defended us quiet fiercely on television and on radio over the last couple days.

Said Pep should tell Klopp and Mourinho that empty vessels make the most noise. He said that he likes City as a club on the field but maybe some of their off field practises are questionable. He said that its a bit rich for Jose to be saying what he is saying given that he was part of the Abramovic revolution years ago, that he changes his tune now that he is under l\evy's restraints.

Apparently the Paperboy has been giving his opinions on it and they are covering that shortly

Also said although he has no issue with money coming into a club as he is a capitalist. He doesn't like large amounts of money coming into the game from certain parts of the world. So you can take it from that statement that he is possibly OK with Russian or American money but not money from the middle East. Rather than question him on it Jim White agreed with that statement.

I can also add that he was very interested in the CAS details and stated that we didn't cooperate because we didn't want to as we had lots of money and thought we could disregard UEFA and go straight to CAS. Not because we stopped cooperating because UEFA were leaking info to the press and we said that was prejudicial to our case. In fact no one seems to state this or understand it.

Last edited:
Journalism is supposed to be either 1. Factual, or 2. Opinion.
Can't sue some journalist on his opinion that a decision is wrong. Take comfort in the fact that he/she is suffering as City celebrate.
Better still invite young, new journalists in and show them what the whole organization does. Get them onside (or at least try to). If they then get turned by dark forces it will be apparrent very quickly. (No harm trying).

See, this is the problem for me (and not just in sport) - Journalism should be purely factual - not opinion - thats why there is so much disinformation out there - jounro's of all sorts passing on their opinion as fact - its dangerous in fact when taken outside the realm of sport.

Also said although he has no issue with money coming into a club as he is a capitalist. He doesn't like large amounts of money coming into the game from certain parts of the world. So you can take it from that statement that he is possibly OK with Russian or American money but not money from the middle East. Rather than question him on it Jim White agreed with that statement.

That's a real surprise as Jim White is acknowledged in the field of investigative journalism/media as one of the most perceptive and knowledgeable.

Not listening, but I bet a lot of his rhetoric goes unchallenged.
He was a little bit more in tune with our take on things ( although not much). Called out Mourinho for " running with the hares, then running with the hounds" with regards to spending. The guy is just a emptyheaded, bleach blonde pisswhistle.

I thought I heard Jordan spouting about the 'football family' (hateful 8) against the 'Adams Family' (City) ? Almost called to ask why a failed former owner gets airtime to spout on things that he obviously knows very little about

I thought I heard Jordan spouting about the 'football family' (hateful 8) against the 'Adams Family' (City) ? Almost called to ask why a failed former owner gets airtime to spout on things that he obviously knows very little about

I think he referred to the football family and then implied it was more like the Addams Family

Hi all, Blue for 50 years, long time Luther, first time poster. I offer the following for your consideration.

My uncle spent his entire working life in professional football. During that time he encountered thousands of players, managers, backroom staff, directors, administrators, agents, broadcasters, journalists etc. He said the single most unpleasant person amongst them in that 50 years was.....................Simon Jordan.

Nuff said I think.

I heard Jordan this morning and, whilst he wasn't out and out, bat shit crazy, ranting and slagging us off it was more calling out the others for their hypocrisy without mentioning the elephant in the room that is CAS saying we weren't guilty of disguising the source of our funds. It seems strange that people like him have an obvious problem with club owners from the Middle East but not from the USA. If any group of owners is most likely to change the face of football as we know it into a largely uncompetitive, money spinning closed shop then it is the likes of FSG, Kronke and the Glazers and that's what he, and everyone else, should be worried about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.