Talksport

I used to listen to Talksport, sadly thinking that I'd get informed or insider news on football, I haven't listened now for what seems like forever, not because I made a conscious effort to turn it off, it's just irrelevant.
I am laid low with Covid at present and very reliant on the Radio. I turned Talksport on last night for the first time in two years. Despite being a football fanatic I find it impossible to listen to. The ouput is just dire and totally moronic. We must have the worst sports radio coverage in the the world in this country. Radio 5 Live provides less football coverage than we used to have 40 years ago.

I am laid low with Covid at present and very reliant on the Radio. I turned Talksport on last night for the first time in two years. Despite being a football fanatic I find it impossible to listen to. The ouput is just dire and totally moronic. We must have the worst sports radio coverage in the the world in this country. Radio 5 Live provides less football coverage than we used to have 40 years ago.
Talkshite are gradually stealing all their radio rights.

They've taken EFL/Caraboa Cup exclusively. And looking to take all the FA Cup/PL and UEFA rights when the next deal is available which I think is November?

Should this happen I can see Talkshite becoming a 24/7 football station and Talkshite 2 doing the rest.

BBC are preparing for this by angling themselves as the brand leader for the WSL.

Talkshite are gradually stealing all their radio rights.

They've taken EFL/Caraboa Cup exclusively. And looking to take all the FA Cup/PL and UEFA rights when the next deal is available which I think is November?

Should this happen I can see Talkshite becoming a 24/7 football station and Talkshite 2 doing the rest.

BBC are preparing for this by angling themselves as the brand leader for the WSL.
The BBC has been on a major downward spiral with live football coverage for years but there's nothing to stop them doing intelligent football analysis programmes and interviews. I think that their football podcasts are also pretty poor.
It was pathetic to see the amount of coverage they gave to very fringe sports at the Tokyo Olympics because they don't have he rights for anything else. My favourite was "live dressage." I am pretty sure that even dressage fanatics realise it is a sport which doesn't work well on radio!

The BBC has been on a major downward spiral with live football coverage for years but there's nothing to stop them doing intelligent football analysis programmes and interviews. I think that their football podcasts are also pretty poor.
It was pathetic to see the amount of coverage they gave to very fringe sports at the Tokyo Olympics because they don't have he rights for anything else. My favourite was "live dressage." I am pretty sure that even dressage fanatics realise it is a sport which doesn't work well on radio!
I agree.

Their podcasts seem to be aimed at young adult and the lad Bible type "Bantz".

Being the state broadcaster with no ties to advertising revenues, and the editorials to drive them it would be good if they did allow a more intelligent version of Sunday supplement.

The closest they have us the world football phone in which is on at 1am on a Tuesday morning. Which hears intelligent views from around the world as well as the UK and occasionally has someone former of this parish in his day job of sports commentary.

I agree.

Their podcasts seem to be aimed at young adult and the lad Bible type "Bantz".

Being the state broadcaster with no ties to advertising revenues, and the editorials to drive them it would be good if they did allow a more intelligent version of Sunday supplement.

The closest they have us the world football phone in which is on at 1am on a Tuesday morning. Which hears intelligent views from around the world as well as the UK and occasionally has someone former of this parish in his day job of sports commentary.
The BBC has too much content which has been derived from social media. Last time I looked less than 10 per cent of the UK public even used Twitter. The "banter boys" are a tiny minority of people who follow football and an even smaller minority of matchgoers. The BBC has lost touch with its core audience in the UK. Interest in football has grown hugely in the last 20 years and yet the BBC coverage, on all channels, has been reduced.

The BBC has too much content which has been derived from social media. Last time I looked less than 10 per cent of the UK public even used Twitter. The "banter boys" are a tiny minority of people who follow football and an even smaller minority of matchgoers. The BBC has lost touch with its core audience in the UK. Interest in football has grown hugely in the last 20 years and yet the BBC coverage, on all channels, has been reduced.
TBF would you have them increase the license fee just to stuff your cash in players/agents pockets?//leave it to Sky et al...and their paybase....BBC should focus on drama / documentaries...stuff they do well. Id even bin MOTD which is now just a cult of personality for ex players...what is the actual match content on that show now?

TBF would you have them increase the license fee just to stuff your cash in players/agents pockets?//leave it to Sky et al...and their paybase....BBC should focus on drama / documentaries...stuff they do well. Id even bin MOTD which is now just a cult of personality for ex players...what is the actual match content on that show now?
I agree that it needs to be slimmed down. It is just too big and tries to be all things to all people..and fails. It should focus on what it still does well such as documentaries, drama, etc etc. That said it doesn't cost much to do intelligent football interviews and analysis. It is the broadcasting rights that cost a fortune. MOTD is well past its sell-by date.

I agree that it needs to be slimmed down. It is just too big and tries to be all things to all people..and fails. It should focus on what it still does well such as documentaries, drama, etc etc. That said it doesn't cost much to do intelligent football interviews and analysis. It is the broadcasting rights that cost a fortune. MOTD is well past its sell-by date.
I would like Channel 4 to try for the MOTD rights as ITV getting it would be an even bigger rag/Scouse fest with adverts in between.

Why am I thinking of Archie Andrews?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.