Talksport

So what’s being spouted now on talkshite?

The breakfast show was very listenable this morning. No piss-taking at all but obviously plenty of discussion. Brazil said he couldn't sleep after the game and seemed genuinely disappointed. Plenty on West Ham and Rangers as you'd expect which meant, of course, very little discussion of our red friends.

I haven't read them myself but the paper review was quite pro-pep too which surprised me.

Tuned in last night ...some c*nts pre European show ...
they cut to A German journo in Frankfurt...who opined...'' RB Leipzig on the other hand ( to FFurt) are what we call a plastic club...financed privately by a very rich guy...they have few fans..and are hated by other German fans in general''....( I think you know what's coming)...THe Nazi tw@t continued '' much in the same way as your ManCity'' ( one word)....the giggling presented failed to respond ....let alone bring up WW2.

Tuned in last night ...some c*nts pre European show ...
they cut to A German journo in Frankfurt...who opined...'' RB Leipzig on the other hand ( to FFurt) are what we call a plastic club...financed privately by a very rich guy...they have few fans..and are hated by other German fans in general''....( I think you know what's coming)...THe Nazi tw@t continued '' much in the same way as your ManCity'' ( one word)....the giggling presented failed to respond ....let alone bring up WW2.
Yes, I heard that and shouted something along the lines of, fuck off you spineless ****, at the radio. The presenter sounded pretty embarrassed and quickly binned him off. Proper snide comment.

Totally wrong, they brought it in because there were thousands of 'contract' workers being employed in organisations like the NHS, doing jobs that should have been 'cards in' such as IT support and data entry. A lot of these people were forced off the books into these arrangements and into 'service provider' businesses even though they were not part of the knowledge economy. They then lumped in Engineers and Developers working via Ltd Co's into the same pot. Even though the working arrangements were totally different.

The CIS scheme is totally different, its basically there to protect subcontract construction workers from unscrupulous employers. Again, not well paid people that should be paid via PAYE.

The system benefits nobody. The low paid people are back where they were in the first place, except usually now paid via body shops that take a slice of the pie while adding nothing.

At the other end of the spectrum, Engineers, Software Developers etc now find themselves being forced into 'Inside IR35' arrangements via Umbrella Companies that benefit HMRC short term, but ultimately increase project costs.

I've got a contract running at the moment inside IR35. You explain to me why the following is fair...

Client pays a fixed rate per hour for the work.
Contractor recieves payment via Umbrella Company having first paid;
BOTH Employers AND Employees NI Contributions.
A Management Fee to the Umbrella Co.
Full rate Tax deductions at 40% rate.

In reality this means that for this project every £100 earned ends up with me getting around £40 and HMRC and various other twats get the other £60.

It gets even funnier when you know that at the beginning of the Tax Year HMRC assesses my Tax and I am required to pay it IN ADVANCE for the year albiet in 2 stage payments.

At the end of the year, they look at the Tax return and I get a fair chunk of Tax back but that money has sat in HMRC's account for most of the year.

And all this while still getting no holiday pay, no statutary sick pay, no other benefits. These things all have to be paid for myself via insurance if I want to have them.

If I have to stay away during the week I can't reclaim the expense. Neither can I reclaim the 20% VAT on my expenses.

And while this is happening, on my non IR35 project work I'm collecting VAT at 20%, paying VAT at 20%, I pay class 1 NI on the small amount of salary that comes from the direct Ltd Co work, thats Employer and Employee (12% + 13%). I then pay 20% Corporation Tax on any profit thats left.

Absolute bollocks lapped up by ignorant tossers like you that know a fraction of the true story.

And all the while the real Tax Avoiders i.e Amazon, Google, Apple, Facebook, Banks, Energy etc get a free ride. They decide how much Tax they want to pay and HMRC rolls over. Same goes for the Gov cronies (of all sides) usually to be found with fingers in the pie of the 'Service Provider Co's'.

In the meantime, contractors get paid less (less than an equivalent paid employee), Clients pay way more and the competitiveness of the country to deliver high value projects gets much worse.

Its OK though cos some internet tools only see the White Collar Tax Dodger headlines. So yeah, all bollocks and you know fuck all.
So, deep down, do you feel IR35 is a good thing or not?

Looks like it's a two day discussion on self taxing.
On the (I assure you) fleetingly rare occasions I've ever listened to this so-called 'sports station' I've found it incredibly taxing.. within seconds of engaging with it, it seems like my very lifeblood is being drained out via my brain..

It's a similar thing to what happens when I channel trawl with the tv remote and briefly chance upon an episode of 'Eastenders'..

On the (I assure you) fleetingly rare occasions I've ever listened to this so-called 'sports station' I've found it incredibly taxing.. within seconds of engaging with it, it seems like my very lifeblood is being drained out via my brain..

It's a similar thing to what happens when I channel trawl with the tv remote and briefly chance upon an episode of 'Eastenders'..
There's little difference, both have alcoholic cockneys.

I probably enjoy Max's show the most but he lets himself down with his "holier than thou" attitude. A player gives the ref shit after a high stakes game, bear shits in woods. Max wouldn't know this from his very tower.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.