Talksport

What time is he on?
I knew he was on at some point, so I’ve just tuned in for the first time in ages. Had to turn it off already I just can’t be doing with that gobshite know it all (in his own head) Jordan.
dunno, just caught the trail in the car, they're on sterling atm - I'm guessing after that 10:35 ish?

The more Neanderthal Man is allowed to air his views for all to hear, the deeper he digs the hole he has been burrowing since he retired from playing. Pep should not be enjoying a cigar when he's celebrating winning another trophy? FFS!
All joking aside, you have to place a question mark against this man's ability to articulate a rational statement when that is precisely what he is paid to do. His job is to be an observer and to put across as eloquently as he can his unbiased views on what is happening in the game. But time and time again he fails because he cannot control his animosity towards anyone who is not an Arsenal fan.
If he is allowed to talk such inane codswallop on a so-called radio station to a mass audience, what must he be like in private?

You don't expect highbrow conversation from current or ex-professional athletes: they have spent most of their lives working on the physical aspects of what they do. Running, swimming, climbing etc, they have to be at peak of their physical prowess to establish a successful career in sports. Having the mental ability of an Oxford professor of science is not a prerequisite. But surely, a smattering of intelligence is required if you are going to get up in public and air your views on a subject many people take to heart?
What Keown said was childish in the extreme. But this is the standard we have come to expect from the media today. When we have the likes of Ratboy, Spitty, Shrek and the rest.
I have mentioned this before but Paul Merton, years ago on Sly, when asked by Jeff Stelling if a player had been booked, replied: "I dunno. The ref ain't writted anyfink down."

Shameful really.

The more Neanderthal Man is allowed to air his views for all to hear, the deeper he digs the hole he has been burrowing since he retired from playing. Pep should not be enjoying a cigar when he's celebrating winning another trophy? FFS!
All joking aside, you have to place a question mark against this man's ability to articulate a rational statement when that is precisely what he is paid to do. His job is to be an observer and to put across as eloquently as he can his unbiased views on what is happening in the game. But time and time again he fails because he cannot control his animosity towards anyone who is not an Arsenal fan.
If he is allowed to talk such inane codswallop on a so-called radio station to a mass audience, what must he be like in private?

You don't expect highbrow conversation from current or ex-professional athletes: they have spent most of their lives working on the physical aspects of what they do. Running, swimming, climbing etc, they have to be at peak of their physical prowess to establish a successful career in sports. Having the mental ability of an Oxford professor of science is not a prerequisite. But surely, a smattering of intelligence is required if you are going to get up in public and air your views on a subject many people take to heart?
What Keown said was childish in the extreme. But this is the standard we have come to expect from the media today. When we have the likes of Ratboy, Spitty, Shrek and the rest.
I have mentioned this before but Paul Merton, years ago on Sly, when asked by Jeff Stelling if a player had been booked, replied: "I dunno. The ref ain't writted anyfink down."

Shameful really.
And yet I can't remember anyone on tv being anything other than informative/clever/smart/articulate etc etc on the Olympics coverage.

Shameful really.
He shouldn't be allowed anywhere near commentary on our game's.
The fuckin gimp

Shameful really.
They should also be able to talk in a coherent manner.

Sunday morning, SSN had Jamie O'Hara and that Cockney rag, Leanne whatever she’s called.

Neither one of them can put a proper sentence together.

Why can’t the national sports media give more prominence to more eloquent pundits?

I know Daniel Sturridge isn’t everybody’s cup of tea, but at least he can express his views in a clear way without a strong accent. Nedum and Izzy Christiansen can manage it too. They also talk sense, which is more than can be said for most of the so-called "experts" we have to put up with.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.