Talksport

bellbuzzer said:
de niro said:
the concept is fine. a talk station where the public give their imput on all things sport. wish the beeb or another commercial staion offered an alternative.

said this for a while, 5live is nothing like the right formula. For all the time and money spent on market research and target audience, the Beeb miss by a mile

This is true, sadly. Today's edition of Sports Friday consisted of Eleanor Oldroyd reading out emails from listeners who'd once run into an ex-cricketer outside a petrol station and so forth. Serious Alan Partridge material. Fighting Talk has also gone to complete shit since they let that airhead Georgie Thompson present and started inviting beige olympic fuckers like Kelly Sotherton on to crack the jokes.

johnny on the spot said:
bellbuzzer said:
de niro said:
the concept is fine. a talk station where the public give their imput on all things sport. wish the beeb or another commercial staion offered an alternative.

said this for a while, 5live is nothing like the right formula. For all the time and money spent on market research and target audience, the Beeb miss by a mile

This is true, sadly. Today's edition of Sports Friday consisted of Eleanor Oldroyd reading out emails from listeners who'd once run into an ex-cricketer outside a petrol station and so forth. Serious Alan Partridge material. Fighting Talk has also gone to complete shit since they let that airhead Georgie Thompson present and started inviting beige olympic fuckers like Kelly Sotherton on to crack the jokes.

5Live is seriously piss poor nowadays - vanilla sports coverage shit scared to challenge with really opaque safe presenters and contributors who if it were TV would just leave a ghostly outline on screen. Its like a sort of audio ceefax - ok to dip into to get info like results etc but has very little to grab your attention

more reason for talkshite to be as sharp as a tack. they could clean up if they ran it the right way. if the programmes were of superior quality, using truthful journalism, instead of scripts made up on the morning of the show to wind fans up, people would tune in so much more. as listening figures grow every man and his dog would want to advertise on there. they could name their price and as such pick and choose which advertisers they want aboard. of course with the better revenue they wouldn't need quite as many ads and in turn more listener input and better guests. less padding too. overall a much better listen. the beeb would all but be a memory sport wise.

de niro said:
more reason for talkshite to be as sharp as a tack. they could clean up if they ran it the right way. if the programmes were of superior quality, using truthful journalism, instead of scripts made up on the morning of the show to wind fans up, people would tune in so much more. as listening figures grow every man and his dog would want to advertise on there. they could name their price and as such pick and choose which advertisers they want aboard. of course with the better revenue they wouldn't need quite as many ads and in turn more listener input and better guests. less padding too. overall a much better listen. the beeb would all but be a memory sport wise.

I'm with you but the gamble for them would be how many others would switch off if they actually became serious?
A few years ago it was worth listening to on the drive home but arseholes like Durham who randomly have a go at people who have made it calling them bottlers, wastes of talent or other such derogatory shite is like watching Eastenders. I switch off and play my fav music very loudly down the M60 and get home feeling much better.

The beeb could close these fuckers down in a week if they started a rival stn with no ads and neutral/knowledgeable pundits.

RochBlue said:
de niro said:

I'm with you but the gamble for them would be how many others would switch off if they actually became serious?
A few years ago it was worth listening to on the drive home but arseholes like Durham who randomly have a go at people who have made it calling them bottlers, wastes of talent or other such derogatory shite is like watching Eastenders. I switch off and play my fav music very loudly down the M60 and get home feeling much better.

exactly what is do. i put the news on then swtich over to some tunes.

Hilarious spin on today's glorious victory. Saggers almost in tears, Dogger screaming with angst and theme of programme. .......diving...with Sergio at centre stage. The one player in the Premier League you would never ever associate with diving. Making themselves a laughing stock !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.