Taylor Harwood-Bellis | On loan at Southampton

Don't like this quote. It sounds as if he is angling for a return to Blackburn. There should be two partners whose interests are important here - his and City's no others. Don't want another Roberts/Celtic situation.
Well to be fair they have given him a chance at league football, Mowbray is a decent manager and supposedly really good with youngsters so he probably would like a return. Local also so good for him for family reasons etc I presume.

I agree though Roberts and Celtic was frustrating, I think Southampton at the time were interested. I think we will be fine with this lad.

Pathway to 1st team should be as follows unless he is head and shoulders above every other defender in the championship next year.

Full season of championship appearances

Then hopefully loan to a Premier league side

Then promote to first team if he impresses or sell with a buyback if not.

If Blackburn are willing to offer him another season with the opportunity to be a starting defender then he (and City) should absolutely go for it. He will gain great experience and, if he does well, go up in value.
He probably does need to spend a bit of time with the City squad during pre-season before going back to Blackburn so he does not go too native.
He has a contract at City until Summer 2024 so plenty of time for him to develop and potentially break into the City first team squad even after another year on loan.

Don't like this quote. It sounds as if he is angling for a return to Blackburn. There should be two partners whose interests are important here - his and City's no others. Don't want another Roberts/Celtic situation.
I think his quote is bob on.

100% want him to go on loan next year, he's earning fantastic reviews and seems to be really enjoying it there

And the truth is he's only 19...its a bit unrealistic to expect him to be sharing minutes with 3 world class defenders plus another fantastic on in Ake

Give him another year at Blackburn, then maybe in summer 2022 one
of laporte or Ake (or stones if he loses his place again) Will want to leave due to a lack of gametime he can be drafted in and be rotated, then become a real option in 2023

If we can't accommodate him by 2023 then we can sell him with a buy back and then reactivate it when (if) he develops into someone who can start for us

100% want him to go on loan next year, he's earning fantastic reviews and seems to be really enjoying it there

And the truth is he's only 19...its a bit unrealistic to expect him to be sharing minutes with 3 world class defenders plus another fantastic on in Ake

Give him another year at Blackburn, then maybe in summer 2022 one
of laporte or Ake (or stones if he loses his place again) Will want to leave due to a lack of gametime he can be drafted in and be rotated, then become a real option in 2023

If we can't accommodate him by 2023 then we can sell him with a buy back and then reactivate it when (if) he develops into someone who can start for us
By 2023,if their progress continues,we will have two or three others knocking on the door too.

A Championship loan would probably be best, but I’m not sure it should be to Blackburn again. They’ve been in awful form for the past few months, half of their squad is out of contract this summer and Mowbray will probably be sacked too. I’d rather see him somewhere like Bournemouth or Swansea.

Probably an unpopular opinion but I don’t think he is good enough for us. I wish he was but I just don’t see him being a centre back for us in the future. I would love to be proved wrong though.

A Championship loan would probably be best, but I’m not sure it should be to Blackburn again. They’ve been in awful form for the past few months, half of their squad is out of contract this summer and Mowbray will probably be sacked too. I’d rather see him somewhere like Bournemouth or Swansea.
You have to consider if either a team that are capable of winning the championship have any interest in playing our 18yr old defender. Unlikely. Blackburn, Stoke or somewhere like that would work. At this point he just needs games

You have to consider if either a team that are capable of winning the championship have any interest in playing our 18yr old defender. Unlikely. Blackburn, Stoke or somewhere like that would work. At this point he just needs games

Norwich took 19 year old Oliver Skipp on loan from Spurs and they won the Championship. I watched Blackburn play Brentford and Harwood-Bellis had Ivan Toney (the league’s best striker) in his pocket. There won’t be many better defenders than him in the Championship next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.