Teachers dispute settled?

117 M34 said:
BlueBearBoots said:
sir baconface said:
Perhaps some have jobs and are actually scraping to make a living, let alone accrue a pension.

And maybe some have employers who don't indulge in people taking time off work.

But what the fuck?

And maybe some parents got fined for taking their kids out in term time for a holiday then had to pay extra childcare when the teachers went on strike

What's that got to do with the price of peanuts?

Can teachers piss off for a week to Spain for a holiday whenever they want? No, they have to pay school holiday prices too.
Do you think your child's teacher is in charge of dishing out fines?

To be fair my kids left school over 5 years ago and to be honest they had supply teachers whilst their regular teachers were off. We were given permission for a family holiday in school time think they were glad to have a break from my youngest. And one teacher who wanted to have a meeting with me said she worked late til 4.30 every day not appreciating that I worked til 5 and had to get back from Manchester, she couldn't make the meeting at 6 she would be long gone.

BlueBearBoots said:
117 M34 said:
BlueBearBoots said:
And maybe some parents got fined for taking their kids out in term time for a holiday then had to pay extra childcare when the teachers went on strike

Can teachers piss off for a week to Spain for a holiday whenever they want? No, they have to pay school holiday prices too.

To be fair my kids left school over 5 years ago and to be honest they had supply teachers whilst their regular teachers were off.

I doubt they were in Benidorm.

And one teacher who wanted to have a meeting with me said she worked late til 4.30 every day not appreciating that I worked til 5 and had to get back from Manchester, she couldn't make the meeting at 6 she would be long gone.

Maybe she had a young child and had to get back to them. The teacher would have only been contracted to 3:30ish so she would have had no obligation to stay until 6 (in fact, the school was probably shut then)

BlueBearBoots said:
117 M34 said:
BlueBearBoots said:

To be fair my kids left school over 5 years ago and to be honest they had supply teachers whilst their regular teachers were off. We were given permission for a family holiday in school time think they were glad to have a break from my youngest. And one teacher who wanted to have a meeting with me said she worked late til 4.30 every day not appreciating that I worked til 5 and had to get back from Manchester, she couldn't make the meeting at 6 she would be long gone.

To be fair she probably had a shit load of marking to do when she got home. I know the poster JOTS told as it really is for teachers some time ago and it really opened my eyes.

117 M34 said:
BlueBearBoots said:
117 M34 said:

To be fair my kids left school over 5 years ago and to be honest they had supply teachers whilst their regular teachers were off.

And one teacher who wanted to have a meeting with me said she worked late til 4.30 every day not appreciating that I worked til 5 and had to get back from Manchester, she couldn't make the meeting at 6 she would be long gone.

Maybe she had a young child and had to get back to them. The teacher would have only been contracted to 3:30ish so she would have had no obligation to stay until 6 (in fact, the school was probably shut then)

Yep don't have to do 9 to 5 do they?

mackenzie said:
Why do parents seemingly care more about the strikes causing loss of childcare than the loss of education?
Teachers are there to educate, not child mind.

The same parents will then take their kids on holiday during term time.

Lol if only women could stay at home and look after their kids and elderly parents it would solve so many problems.

BlueBearBoots said:
117 M34 said:
BlueBearBoots said:

No they start a lot earlier than that, do you even know any teachers? Their work doesn't stop at evenings and weekends, unlike most peoples and I think you're one of them eh BBB?

BlueBearBoots said:
Lol if only women could stay at home and look after their kids and elderly parents it would solve so many problems.

It would solve some, yes. But not all.

The women would probably end up on tranks and a century of women's rights would fester and end up with murder.

BigJimLittleJim said:
BlueBearBoots said:
117 M34 said:

No they start a lot earlier than that, do you even know any teachers? Their work doesn't stop at evenings and weekends, unlike most peoples and I think you're one of them eh BBB?

My son-in-law gave up a great job in engineering to be a teacher. He works about 60 hours a week for £25 grand a year less than he earned before and he's been in school for a few hours every day this week while he's supposedly on holiday.
A large proportion of his weekends are taken up with marking too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.