Teachers dispute settled?

Oh look - it's another 'let's have a go at teachers for having the audacity to choose a poorly paid career because they care passionately enough about our children's education to make a difference, then have another go because they take industrial action as a last resort when all other avenues of negotiation fail, to oppose reforms and cuts which negatively impact upon said kids.
And, when all other logic fails, have another go at them for having long holidays'.
We get one of these every fortnight - invariably started by some ill-informed right winger who are clearly the demographic most resentful at the education they themselves received, which is understandable given how thick they turned out, so in their impotent rage they take it out on the next generation of 'do-gooders'.
Most are graduates of the school of hard knocks, and see no need for all those fancy degrees and academic shit like that, which is just as well, as most of them couldn't find a university with SatNav.
All you need is grit and determination, and you can be a self-made man.
I suppose it save them bothering the Daily Mail Online reader's letters page, where their aimless rants normally end up.
And in another two weeks we'll have another one, as if the authors have early onset Alzheimer's.
Bless them, and all those who care for them.

Just read the article IWS and noticed that primary school teachers spend 4.3 hours a week on general admin. What would general admin be?

Also noticed --

The biggest cause of unnecessary paperwork, the teachers reported, was preparing for an Ofsted inspection.

Wouldn't it be much better if representatives of Ofsted just turned up unannounced?

Can any of you teachers out there read this article and comment, do you agree, disagree with the findings?

BlueBearBoots said:
Just read the article IWS and noticed that primary school teachers spend 4.3 hours a week on general admin. What would general admin be?

Also noticed --

The biggest cause of unnecessary paperwork, the teachers reported, was preparing for an Ofsted inspection.

Wouldn't it be much better if representatives of Ofsted just turned up unannounced?

Can any of you teachers out there read this article and comment, do you agree, disagree with the findings?
They're all in the Seychelles
Or Sri Lanka

squirtyflower said:
BlueBearBoots said:

Also noticed --

Or Sri Lanka

Or very hungover on red wine we've paid for lol

squirtyflower said:
BlueBearBoots said:

Also noticed --

Or Sri Lanka

Don't you fucking start - you went to a proper university.
And teachers got you there.
Now don't wind me up this early on a Saturday again, because even I seldom get banned before breakfast, and I haven't posted the slowest six racehorses in Britain yet, so give me half an hour before the banhammer falls.

BlueBearBoots said:
squirtyflower said:
BlueBearBoots said:

Also noticed --

Or Sri Lanka

Or very hungover on red wine we've paid for lol
Nah, I get my own

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Oh look - it's another 'let's have a go at teachers for having the audacity to choose a poorly paid career because they care passionately enough about our children's education to make a difference, then have another go because they take industrial action as a last resort when all other avenues of negotiation fail, to oppose reforms and cuts which negatively impact upon said kids.
And, when all other logic fails, have another go at them for having long holidays'.
We get one of these every fortnight - invariably started by some ill-informed right winger who are clearly the demographic most resentful at the education they themselves received, which is understandable given how thick they turned out, so in their impotent rage they take it out on the next generation of 'do-gooders'.
Most are graduates of the school of hard knocks, and see no need for all those fancy degrees and academic shit like that, which is just as well, as most of them couldn't find a university with SatNav.
All you need is grit and determination, and you can be a self-made man.
I suppose it save them bothering the Daily Mail Online reader's letters page, where their aimless rants normally end up.
And in another two weeks we'll have another one, as if the authors have early onset Alzheimer's.
Bless them, and all those who care for them.

Calm down fetters you'll give yourself indigestion. What is your occupation out of interest? I did think at one point you might be a social worker then decided you are far too angry for that, you can't be a teacher surely?

I don't know why the OP didn't just come out with his real thoughts in his first post instead of pissing about pretending to want a question answering. It took 3 pages for his real intentions to become known.

stonerblue said:
I don't know why the OP didn't just come out with his real thoughts in his first post instead of pissing about pretending to want a question answering. It took 3 pages for his real intentions to become known.

11jw3r5.jpg

mrtwiceaseason said:
Yeah 6 weeks off 1st day back will be an inset day .!! Why ???

Well, the 6 weeks holidays are part of the Teachers Pay and Conditions contract that so far hasn't been ripped up. The inset were the idea of the Thatcher government and have never gone away. Many of the good teachers I know have been in over summer. My wife's friend has been in for 3 weeks, she has started 3 displays and has planned her first terms lessons. This is because she is a mum herself and doesn't want to be in school gone 6pm on a evening when her kids would like to see her.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.