SWP
RICHARDS
ONUOHA
SANTA CRUZ
PETROV
ELANO
BOJINOV
ZABALETA

Wouldn't mind having a little bet that if we get our targets, this will how our team will look most weeks, with Kompany to come back in on bench.

so bridge would be in, our most ineffective player last year imo
Toure ahead of Zab at right back, you on drugs?

Maybe I was the only one really impressed with Santa Cruz's determination, when he started to train by himself after the transfer took place? I think he has something to prove against Blackburn and he would want to be there to deliver the message close and personally.

I really hope his summer training will pay off like Ireland's last summer, kudos to them for the dedication shown, they earned my respect.

there is the possibility of

-------------Given-------------------

Zab-------Nedum----CB TBC---Bridge

-------Ireland------Barry (c)---------

Tevez----------------------Robbie-

------Adebayor-------RSC--------

with Robbie and Tevez allowed to roam in and around behind the two front men.

prob too much attacking for away at Blackburn but think we should be taking it to teams like these. go and play football rather than play for a small win or a draw.

think Tevez gives us the much needed work rate from the forward line.

more than likely will not play either Adebayor or RSC and opt for Dejong holding in behind the two midfield lads. he did spend 19m on him dont forget so i think he will have to justify this by playing him. i would prefer Zab to Micah on current performances....but hope Micah gets a return to form this season.

My default lineup with Kompany sidelined:

----------------Given-----------------

--------Terry/Touré-----Lescott---------
Zabaleta-------------------------Bridge

---------------de Jong----------------
-------------------------Barry---------
--------Ireland------------------------

---Tévez--------------------Robinho---
---------------Adebayor---------------

Subs:
Santa Cruz
Petrov
Wright-Phillips
Johnson
Richards
Onuoha
Taylor

When Kompany returns, drop the poorer performing defender from that list of subs.

I'd mix in some bench appearances for Bellamy and Bojinov as well.

somervillain said:
My default lineup with Kompany sidelined:

----------------Given-----------------

--------Terry/Touré-----Lescott---------
Zabaleta-------------------------Bridge

---------------de Jong----------------
-------------------------Barry---------
--------Ireland------------------------

---Tévez--------------------Robinho---
---------------Adebayor---------------

Subs:
Santa Cruz
Petrov
Wright-Phillips
Johnson
Richards
Onuoha
Taylor

When Kompany returns, drop the poorer performing defender from that list of subs.

I'd mix in some bench appearances for Bellamy and Bojinov as well.

i like it and i think it looks a really strong side with some decent subs providing good depth to the squad and also players who can come on and give us a different shape / options.

why are people putting toure as right back? he played there occasionaly for arsenal in emergencies! we get linked to players and people automatically think " well he must be better than what we've got so we've got to fit him in!" zab and micah and probably even ned are more suited to right back than toure

leftpeg said:
i like it and i think it looks a really strong side with some decent subs providing good depth to the squad and also players who can come on and give us a different shape / options.

It doesn't feel right leaving personal favorites like Kompany/Wright-Phillips/Onuoha on the bench, but that's a clear sign of the dramatic influx of talent at the club, especially should City grab two of the trio of Terry/Lescott/Touré.

To be honest, Lescott is the one additional transfer that really needs to happen, as he would fill the hole of a left-footed CB (and provide additional cover at LB so Barry wouldn't have to play at fullback if/when Bridge is out). Terry or Touré would be improvements on Kompany next season, but I'm not convinced it wouldn't be best in the long run to give Kompany the RCB job next season and let him grow into it. From what I've seen of him, I think Kompany is a potentially great CB who needs some seasoning. Backing up the two CB spots is the perfect role for Onuoha at this stage in this career. He should get plenty of playing time in that role.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.