Lescott
Bridge

SWP
Barry
De Jong
Ireland
Petrov

Bellamy

Agree more or less. I think Hughes will go with a 4-2-3-1 formation like what we saw last season, with de Jong and Barry as DMs, then Petrov on the left, Wright-Phillips on the right, and Ireland as a CAM, with Bellamy up top. Benjani should make the subs bench as backup.

I think MH will spring a surprise. The Bellamy up front on his own is logical now that Ade has been out but reading the training reports not 100% sure RSC and Tevez are out, be interesting if they train inside and then unleash at the swamp Tevez playing 60 mins RSC 30 mins or vice versa.

Given
Richards
Toure
Lescott
Bridge

SWP
Ireland
De Jong
Barry

Tevez/RSC
Bellars

I just have a feeling.

---------------GIVEN---------------

MICAH--ONOUHA--TOURE--LESCOTT--BRIDGE

---ZABALETA----DE JONG----BAZ-------

-----------SWP---IRELAND------------

-------------BELLAMY----------------

Thought long and hard about this so here we go, many people will think this is too defensive but keep it tight at the back and with Weiss, Petrov and Tevez to come we have a great threat in counter attack

United wont have the ability to break us down and we will be devestating at set pieces!!

This will be enough for a scrappy 1v0 or 2v1 win

CTID

Thoughts??

I suppose we're left with:

-------------Given-------------

Richards--Toure-Lescott--Bridge

------------De Jong------------

-------Ireland------Barry-------

SWP----------------------Petrov

------------Bellamy--------------

Ireland is gonna have to be on top of his game If we're going to get a win.

Atleast if we lose we have an excuse..

Kompany, Johnson, Tevez, Robinho, Santa Cruz and Adebayor all out. I don't care who you are, any team would miss these players.

I was confident of a win had even just Ade been available. Now, with Bellamy (as great as his form is right now) up front I'm just hoping for a draw :(

MadchesterCity said:

Thought long and hard about this so here we go, many people will think this is too defensive but keep it tight at the back and with Weiss, Petrov and Tevez to come we have a great threat in counter attack

United wont have the ability to break us down and we will be devestating at set pieces!!

CTID

Thoughts??
If only we could play with 12.

chazmcfc said:
MadchesterCity said:

CTID

Thoughts??
If only we could play with 12.

Sorry bud...but that would be the scum ;)

With Benjani injured too, we are truly up shit creek without a paddle (only joking). Anyway, how about using Mighty Micah in a Sambaesque striking role with Zabaleta at right back? At least he knows how to shoot on target (unlike Superman these days). Also I fancy Sylvinho, with his Big Match experience, will play some part in this game.

jhg1989 said:
Can somebody put out the City team and the expected Rag team just for comparison.

Thanks

I reckon rags will be something like this...

..........Foster..........
........O'Shea Ferdinand Vidic Evra........
.....Valencia Fletcher Anderson Giggs......
.........Berbatov Rooney..............
--
Subs: Kuszczak; Neville, Brown; Carrick, Park, Nani; Owen 442
City..
.................Given.....................
.......Richards Toure Lescott Bridge.......
...........De Jong Zabba.............
........SWP Ireland Barry.........
.........Bellers..........

Subs: Taylor, Nedum, Weiss, Petrov, 1 0r 2 suprises? 4-2-3-1

Edit: FFS everytime i try and do formations they come out fcuked up after i've posted grrrrrrrrrr!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.