Tell me I'm not dreaming

nevblue said:
because having looked at who and where we have played already this season and what we still have to do I think there are real possibilities ahead. We have to play Chelsea and Arsenal away, both hard games and we might not get anything but have you noticed whose got to come to us. Scum, Villa, Spurs and Liverpool all definate probable wins for ourselves and if our Italian stallion can sort out how we play against the lesser sides which I think he will do judging from the Wolves and Boro away games 4th place could be the least we can expect. So go on then tell this 65 year old supporter of 57 years I'm talking through my you know what but don't tell me not to dream. The future is definately BLUE.
i like your style nev

Well we're just over half way through, and we've already played Spuds, Villa, Liverpool, and the Rags away. So we have a better run home.

The home draws to Fulham, Hull, and Burnley could prove very costly.

This is the season where it's all about to change, we dared to dream now we can finally believe! I'm believing with you and the many other Blues, Nev!

I’ve not felt this optimistic since the Mercer/Allison days, I know it’s only 3 games but the whole style of play has changed, I’ve never seen us play this much as a team, if he can get the players he wants during this window I don’t think we will lose again this season, the triple is on as far as I’m concerned and if it all falls in a heap so what we start again.

I cant help thinking that some of us are jumping the gun at the moment. We've had a few good results recently but none of them were convincing performances. It's clear that Mancini is giving everyone a crack at the whip and the opportunity to impress but he's far from fielding his finished article in terms of tactics and assigning responsibilities. I'm quietly confident he will address those issues but that's based more on his track record than anything I've seen on the pitch for us so far. That being said, far be it from me to dampen anyones enthusiasm and its great to see some positivity surrounding the club.

All of us are in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars.

PJA said:
nevblue said:
So go on then tell this 65 year old supporter of 57 years I'm talking through my you know what but don't tell me not to dream. The future is definately BLUE.

Oi Nev, who did you support for the first seven years?
Whoops, I mean 8 years (rubbish at sums and that)

Supporting 57 years ago was a different kettle of fish than it is now. Much harder to get to a match in the tender years upto say ten, if yer were from the only class of society who did any work, the Mancunian working class, yer might find yer dad was working on Saturday, and in those days few matches were at a different time than 3pm Saturday.

I went to my first match when some relatives came down from Whitehaven and the pubs were shut, so they took me to Maine Road.

We teach the wrong kind of history in our schools these days!

Well Nev, I'm with you mate, the buzz is great right now...I think that we won't have a better chance than this season, not just because I'm positive about the new Manager, but because the usual suspects are all struggling a bit this season & no one appears to have any real consistency. This is why we are seeing the likes of Spurs & Villa looking good too. But with our run in, & if we can close games out more effectively than in the early season we have a real chance...but whatever happens i'm sure we'll be here next season too..LOL

The sky is the limit, for once there is no outstanding side in the Premiership this season.

No harm in being positive but there are no definite or even probable victories against any of the top 6 sides. We all tend to beat each other.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.